Proposed Meeing And Potential Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Christmas Day and New Years Day are now behind us as we enter into 2017. I have another meeeting on my mind and possibly a net.

With regards to a net, is there enough interest to ever have a net? If so, would be do it on analog, DMR, YSF, or Icom D-Star? Currently, I have 2 meters and 440 MHz. DMR and APCO P-25 are my only digital modes currently, but I suspect that I will add YSF and Icom D-Star seomt time this year. Also, not everybody interested in monitoring is an amateur radio operator. If there is interest in a net, let me know here and we can discuss it further.

With regards to an in person meeting. If anybody else wants to do one in their area, let me know and we can do that. In the meantime, I am interested in hearing what dates would work well for people and which dates to avoid. I am inclined to schedulke something at the Davanni's in Bloomington again sometime during the first quarter of 2017. I also like Sunday afternoon from 4 PM to 6 PM. Most Sundays between now and March 26, 2017 would probablu work equally well for me.

So, with that in mind, let's here from others on good dates and dates to avoid. I am thinking that if I give people until 5 PM on Sunday, January 8, 2017, to weigh in on this that it should be enough time to firm up a date.

We have always been pretty loose and unstructured and I like that for the most part. I am currently interested in finding out a bit more about DMR/MOTO TRBO, both from an amateur radio perspective as well as monitoring non-ham users of DMR. I have been a day to day user of MOTO TRBO Capacity Plus at work for over 5 years now. I have a DMR CS750 for amateur radio for the past couple of weeks. By any chance, does anybody happen to have any sort of Power Point or other presentation that would help all of us learn a bit more about DMR/MOTO TRBO? Of, for that matter, if anybody knows of any of the local hams active in DMR that might want to come and talk to us, that would be great.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Proposed Meeting And Potential Net

One thought I had earlier was to do it a week after Superbowl 2017. Superbowl 2017 is Sunday, February 5, 2017. So, a week later puts it at Sunday, February 12, 2017. One other thing to consider is the following Sunday, February 19, 2017, is the day before President's Day, which is a federal holiday.

techsender

I am all in favor of a net, wondering how many on are hams / and modes. Plenty of unused UHF repeaters around. Guessing analog would be the most accessible. Havent been to a meeting yet but I like the Feb 12 or 19 timeline. Gary

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Feb 12 would be my preference. I'll be coming back from Michigan the 19th and I'm not sure I'd be able to make it in time.

anthonymodrow

Does anyone have a extra rubber ducky thats bnc that would work for my 996t i have a telescoping but dont think it works that well. Im up for trading it for telescoping

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.