Proscan: "Audio device open error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I'm having an issue with Proscan Radio Over IP. I tried to sign up to the Proscan forums three months ago but the admin hasn't activated my account yet so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I host about 9 or so installments of Proscan 4.4.7 on different computers in different cities. Tonight, three of them stopped working and display "audio device open error" when trying to reconnect.

They have been running well for a month with no problems and no settings were changed. I know it's not an internet issue as I could connect to the host computers via remote desktop and the Proscan appears to be running well on the host side. I rebooted all computers. I have also tried to connect to these scanners on a different computer then I usually use. Although I do not get "audio device open error" popup, the status log says "client connection to server fail."

I would download the update but I've heard people are having issues with it. But that does not explain why the six other scanners are working fine.

Thanks in advance.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I'm having an issue with Proscan Radio Over IP. I tried to sign up to the Proscan forums three months ago but the admin hasn't activated my account yet so I'm hoping someone here can help me.
Email me with the user name so I can activate it.

I host about 9 or so installments of Proscan 4.4.7 on different computers in different cities. Tonight, three of them stopped working and display "audio device open error" when trying to reconnect.

They have been running well for a month with no problems and no settings were changed. I know it's not an internet issue as I could connect to the host computers via remote desktop and the Proscan appears to be running well on the host side. I rebooted all computers. I have also tried to connect to these scanners on a different computer then I usually use. Although I do not get "audio device open error" popup, the status log says "client connection to server fail."

I would download the update but I've heard people are having issues with it. But that does not explain why the six other scanners are working fine.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like two issues here:

"Audio Device Open Error"
The audio device is opened when an audio parameter has changed or the program re-starts. Are you still having this problem? Do the audio devices look OK in the Windows Device Manager?

"Source Client Unable To Connect To A (Server Type) Server"
Are you still having this problem? Any internet security programs blocking the ProScan traffic? Is the address and port correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.