ProScan: Proscan Internet Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
Apologies if this has been discussed. I just purchased Proscan, as I'd like to access my BC536 from the Internet. I'm disappointed that Uniden never delivered on the hype of access via the internet, like they promised when they released the 436/536. Does anyone have a guide on setting up to access the scanner via computer or smartphone on the internet using Proscan?

NYRHKY94

AZ645:

Go to the ProScan web site (link below) and you will find 2 separate guides I put together to help with setting up what you are looking for. The guides are on the lower right side. Bob Aune, the author of ProScan was nice enough to put my guides up there for folks. I am not associated with ProScan.

FYI - As noted in the guides, you will need to have a basic understanding of PC’s, wireless routers, networking terminology, the Uniden BCD536HP scanner/wireless dongle (latest firmware installed) and ProScan software. They are offered as a guide only.

https://www.proscan.org/

Mike

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the helpful guide, excellent resource. What I couldn't tell was whether I could control the scanner from a smartphone? Would I use the Siren App like normal or is there some other app? What is the configuration for Siren when you're away from your home network?

NYRHKY94

Thank you. Yes, you can control the scanner from a smart phone when using the ProScan Web Server setup. You bring up a "browser" on the smart phone and can control it from there. Attached a screen shot of it on my iPhone.

FYI - My personal opinion is to avoid the Siren app all together for this type of application. Won't work...

Attachments

• Proscan Web Server on iPhone.PNG
    Proscan Web Server on iPhone.PNG
    109.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

mikkut

Premium Subscriber
Just to confirm, smart phone control via ProScan Web Server is only possible with the BC536 or is it possible with any of the proscan compatible scanners?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's possible with all the supported scanners as follows:
BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, & UBCD3600XLT

I advise to try the 30 day fully functional demo/trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.