ProScan SDS200 LAN issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I also can not receive audio on the 536hp either,I tried both radios separately.

That's it? More info would be helpful. Does the URL Setup dialog show TCP and UDP not connected? Did you enter in the scanner Wi-Fi IP address? Does the data side work?

divison200

On my computer, the radio states TCP and UDP not connected, but the radio with audio will connect to my android phone and iphone 6. Wifi ip address is entered

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On my computer, the radio states TCP and UDP not connected, but the radio with audio will connect to my android phone and iphone 6. Wifi ip address is entered

You didn't answer all my questions which makes it more difficult to troubleshoot this.
Again, Did you enter in the scanner Wi-Fi IP address corectly in the URL Setup dialog?
Does the data side work?

Only one app can access the Wi-Fi audio at a time so if another app is using it, unload it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, the data side works just fine, maybe its a computer issue?? I do not believe there is another app connected to wifi

I doubt a computer issue on scanner Wi-Fi problems.
What is the URL you entered in the URL Setup box on the audio side?
Try power cycling the scanner.

divison200

On the SDS200, the URL is 192.168.0.130, I have shut the radio down and entered the Lan URL several times
On the BCD 536HP the URL is 192.168.0.114,, again only one radio at a time, with the other radio shut off.
I will re-read through your directions page and try again,,, I must be making a mistake entering the setup box on the audio side.
I have used the same URL number for both the data and audio side.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the SDS200, the URL is 192.168.0.130, I have shut the radio down and entered the Lan URL several times
On the BCD 536HP the URL is 192.168.0.114,, again only one radio at a time, with the other radio shut off.
I will re-read through your directions page and try again,,, I must be making a mistake entering the setup box on the audio side.
I have used the same URL number for both the data and audio side.

Did you power cycle the scanners?

divison200

Yes. I'll just start over from step one and see what happens. I am at work right now, I will try my other lap top and see what happens....Thanks for your patience....Bob

mm68gto

Feed Provider
Here my deal set up lan was showing in the Audio Control that the sound was getting to the program but when I click on Source Client and try and connect it say to go to Audio Control and use different Legitimate source, or something like that. I have given up trying to get this online with three different computer. So now I'm running my old 996T and a Y cable connected to the SDS200 + external speaker to my old working ProScan computer to get it online Not happy. I used to run tags but that is not possible. And I can only run Sentinel to update the data base because ProScan now can''t figure out I'm a reg user to use Radio Ref program...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here my deal set up lan was showing in the Audio Control that the sound was getting to the program but when I click on Source Client and try and connect it say to go to Audio Control and use different Legitimate source, or something like that. I have given up trying to get this online with three different computer. So now I'm running my old 996T and a Y cable connected to the SDS200 + external speaker to my old working ProScan computer to get it online Not happy. I used to run tags but that is not possible. And I can only run Sentinel to update the data base because ProScan now can''t figure out I'm a reg user to use Radio Ref program...

Let's separate all this. First, take the 996T out of the mix. Also we'll take the Source Client connecting to the Broadcastify/Icecast server out of the mix for now.

Let's get ProScan working with the SDS200 LAN data and voice.

Do you have the LAN data side working indicated by the virtual display showing the same display as the scanner?

To get the audio working -
1) Go to the Audio Control -> Source Client tab.
2) Select URL in the Input Sound Device combo box.
3) Click the URL Setup button
4) Enter the scanner LAN IP address then click the Reconnect button.
5) Do you see any errors shown in Red? Are the Bytes TX and RX incrementing?

mm68gto

Feed Provider
Let's separate all this. First, take the 996T out of the mix. Also we'll take the Source Client connecting to the Broadcastify/Icecast server out of the mix for now.

Let's get ProScan working with the SDS200 LAN data and voice.

Do you have the LAN data side working indicated by the virtual display showing the same display as the scanner?

To get the audio working -
1) Go to the Audio Control -> Source Client tab.
2) Select URL in the Input Sound Device combo box.
3) Click the URL Setup button
4) Enter the scanner LAN IP address then click the Reconnect button.
5) Do you see any errors shown in Red? Are the Bytes TX and RX incrementing?

Data and Audio was working and no errors Proscan was showing SDS200 in the window and the Audio was showing on the Capture screen...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Was working or is working?
If it's working now, next step is using Source Client to connect to Broadcastify or Icecast server?
To get the Text tags like you want them, Click the Metadata Source button in the Source Client tab.

Any other issues?
And I can only run Sentinel to update the data base because ProScan now can''t figure out I'm a reg user to use Radio Ref program...
I'm not clear on this. Are you trying to import from the RadioReference database?

mm68gto

Feed Provider
If it's working now, next step is using Source Client to connect to Broadcastify or Icecast server?
To get the Text tags like you want them, Click the Metadata Source button in the Source Client tab.

Any other issues?

I'm not clear on this. Are you trying to import from the RadioReference database?

Any other issues?

It won't get past the Source client screen the software keep telling me to go back to the Audio Control panel. Where everything is working the meter is moving when the scanner is talking. This is a brand new Laptop win 10. Its the same thing on two other computer. NO it not hoop up now to the new computer that is on the floor collecting dust till. And yes Sent works at getting the data and reads and right to the scanner can't get to RadioReference because it keep sending me back to the Audio Control Panel. Sorry there is something wrong with the software. I setup the 996T in 2009 in ten min I've been working on this for three days many hours now...

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You do realize you have to set the audio source in Source Client, web server, and Scanner over IP each separately right?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It won't get past the Source client screen the software keep telling me to go back to the Audio Control panel. Where everything is working the meter is moving when the scanner is talking. This is a brand new Laptop win 10. Its the same thing on two other computer. NO it not hoop up now to the new computer that is on the floor collecting dust till. And yes Sent works at getting the data and reads and right to the scanner can't get to RadioReference because it keep sending me back to the Audio Control Panel. Sorry there is something wrong with the software. I setup the 996T in 2009 in ten min I've been working on this for three days many hours now...

Are you in the right Audio Control tab? You want to go to the the Audio Control -> Source Client tab then insure URL is selected.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
A picture is like a thousand words. Can you provide screenshots of the Audio Control -> Source Client tab and the Source Client tab?

Status
Not open for further replies.