ProScan Version 1.7 Build 1 is out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
NYRHKY94 said:
Hi Bob:

I use Proscan with my BC796D and really love the software, especially the scanner over IP functionality (awesome!) and client-based recording. I just got a new GRE-600 and obviously would like to have a Proscan version for that one.

Any chance you will work to support the GRE line any time soon?

Thanks - Mike

Not in the foreseeable future, I have the BC15, BC396, and the BC 246 to do in addition to adding imports and about 15 other things to add.

NYRHKY94

OK, thanks. I kinda knew the answer already, but thought I'd get it out on the table anyway. I'll just keep enjoying it with my BC796D in the meantime ;-)

P.S. The scanner over IP is such a big feature discriminator for Proscan versus other offerings....but you probably know that!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Quick question... I've been playing with the latest ProScan build the past few days just mainly to listen to some online streams and it's been working great. However I've noticed the past few times I've started it up the server list is empty... If I click the drop down menu I can connect to ones I've visited in the past but that's about it. Would there be anything in my firewall or something that it blocking the server list from populating?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Forts said:
Quick question... I've been playing with the latest ProScan build the past few days just mainly to listen to some online streams and it's been working great. However I've noticed the past few times I've started it up the server list is empty... If I click the drop down menu I can connect to ones I've visited in the past but that's about it. Would there be anything in my firewall or something that it blocking the server list from populating?

The Server list comes from my host on HTTP port 80, which is the same standard as any web browser displaying a web page. Therefore the firewall should not be a factor.

Try waiting up to 30 seconds for an update or change tabs from "Scanner Over IP" to something else and back again to "Scanner Over IP” to trigger an instant update. Try waiting a few seconds as the host on either side may be slow.

Any chance you are running Vista 64?

Last edited:

Attackron

No Display

well i thought i would switch to proscan from Bultel but i can't get any display at all,,, vol, and other functions seem to work just fine but no display at all...using com4 rate 115200 vista qurd 6600, 8800 GTX 768 meg video BCD 996T with USB-1 cable. any help ????

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Attackron said:
well i thought i would switch to proscan from Bultel but i can't get any display at all,,, vol, and other functions seem to work just fine but no display at all...using com4 rate 115200 vista qurd 6600, 8800 GTX 768 meg video BCD 996T with USB-1 cable. any help ????

When you said "all other functions seem to work", then I take that as ProScan is communicating with the scanner. You may want to check the General Options for the display fore and back colors are not set the same.

Last edited:

Attackron

ProScan said:
When you said "all other functions seem to work", then I take that as ProScan is communicating with the scanner. You may want to check the General Options for the display fore and back colors are not set the same.

nope black back and blue font, i also tried other combo's still no display ...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Attackron said:
activity display seems to function but i have no lcd display blank screen

Try disconnecting the scanner, a No Response" message should appear on the display.
Also try another color combination.

Attackron

ProScan said:
Try disconnecting the scanner, a No Response" message should appear on the display.
Also try another color combination.

no joy no msg on disconnect also tried colors and usb com rates still nothing

thanks for trying bultel is not as pretty but it works well
ill look at other software packages

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Attackron said:
no joy no msg on disconnect also tried colors and usb com rates still nothing

thanks for trying bultel is not as pretty but it works well
ill look at other software packages

Also another thing to try is delete all the files in the ProScan folder and download ProScan again and re-install.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
trixwagen said:
Is there a way to sort the channels by frequency or alpha tag on ProScan 1.7?

There's not but your question got me thinking, how I would do it? I may add it sometime after the next release.

If you're in BC 996 modes, the closest thing to sort is drag & drop the nodes.

tedler

Hey Bob,
I have been evaluating your Proscan product, and I have the 996.
Just wondering...I want to record ONLY the channels which have the record flag set.
This doesn't work with Butel and it doesn't seem to work with Proscan either.
Why bother having these flags if they are of no use?
It seems a trivial thing to check if the flag is set when a broadcast comes in, and if so, append the audio data to the channel's wav file.

I do not understand why this is not implemented....or am I missing something?

Tom

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
tedler said:
Hey Bob,
I have been evaluating your Proscan product, and I have the 996.
Just wondering...I want to record ONLY the channels which have the record flag set.
This doesn't work with Butel and it doesn't seem to work with Proscan either.
Why bother having these flags if they are of no use?
It seems a trivial thing to check if the flag is set when a broadcast comes in, and if so, append the audio data to the channel's wav file.

I do not understand why this is not implemented....or am I missing something?

Tom

The flags control the audio to the REC jack. The BC 996 does not send record status out the comm. port. ProScan in VFO mode will selectively record channels but the freq/Tg wont show in the file name.
I just thought of making a VFO mode with freq/tgid's (or text tags) in the file name at the same time that I do the following to the recorder:

• Add ID3 tags info to the mp3 files
• Color .mp3 files light blue
• User selectable bit rate
• Option for selecting filename format; date-TG/Freq,TG/Freq-date, date-text Tags, etc
• Option to make a new recording for each activity
• VFO mode with freq/tgid’s or alpha tags

Last edited:

tedler

ProScan said:
The flags control the audio to the REC jack. The BC 996 does not send record status out the comm. port.

While that is true, your software still could be made to be aware of which channels I want recorded because it knows which checkboxes I marked. In your database you could save the record flag status for each frequency/TGID, and then just check each incoming recording from the 996 against the DB entry for the channel broadcasting (996 doesn't need to send a rec flag as you already have it in the DB). If the freq/TGID the 996 sends matches what is in your DB, check that channel's rec flag. If enabled, record that channel.
But maybe I am missing something in the way the logic works.

What is VFO mode? Is it when you check the VOX option?

Tom

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
tedler said:
While that is true, your software still could be made to be aware of which channels I want recorded because it knows which checkboxes I marked. In your database you could save the record flag status for each frequency/TGID, and then just check each incoming recording from the 996 against the DB entry for the channel broadcasting (996 doesn't need to send a rec flag as you already have it in the DB). If the freq/TGID the 996 sends matches what is in your DB, check that channel's rec flag. If enabled, record that channel.
But maybe I am missing something in the way the logic works.

What is VFO mode? Is it when you check the VOX option?

Tom

What is VFO mode? VOX I haven’t had much sleep lately.
Sounds like a good request, I may do it after the 1.7 Build 2 release.

Last edited:

tedler

Bob,
By the way, your software is great! Much more intuitive than ARC996.
The only thing he has over you is the RRDB logic, which you are adding.

The scan-over-IP functionality is top-notch! Great work! Your efforts are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.