ProVoice Scanning is Near!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden is breaking the "other digital formats" barrier by offering an upgrade to the BCD436HP and BCD536HP to add the ability to monitor EDACS ProVoice systems. Ok, so I know that this isn't Huge, Tremendous, etc. for everyone. But, if you've lived in a dark zone like San Antonio, Albuquerque, Ottawa, Honolulu, or any of the other markets where ProVoice is king, I think you do have something to be excited about.

We are putting some finishing touches on it now, (UIDs are handled a bit differently than we expected, so we're getting that nailed away...but it will push the update into December).

When it is all ready, we'll publish a standard firmware update that includes several fixes including the "don't hang on boot when USB is connected" that we had intended for the last update, the ability to scan EDACS Extended Addressing systems, and the ability to enter a key to unlock ProVoice decoding.

The ProVoice capability will be a $50 upgrade, which almost covers our development and licensing costs. I've been listening to DFW airport for a few weeks and it sounds fantastic. If you've got ProVoice where you live, you are definitely going to want this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.