• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PRWIN 700mhz STA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,226
Location
SE of Tucson, AZ
#1
Hello All,

A Special Temporary Authorization has been granted to the City of Phoenix, effective 7 Mar 08 until 3 Sep 08, to operate in the 700mhz frequency range. I pulled out some information from their application process.

Anybody hearing any testing going on???

Quotes from their application:

“Maricopa County has been noted as the largest growing County within the United States. Arizona’s population and cities also continue to expand and grow, which require that Public Safety agencies within this state and region also expand communications infrastructure as quickly as possible to provide safe, reliable communications for all Public Safety officials.”

“…the City Of Phoenix requests Special Temporary Authority to operate a new 700 MHz Trunked Public Safety Radio System under the (SY) radio service. A permanent application approved by the Region 3 700 MHz RPC has been submitted…

…This new system has been constructed as part of the Phoenix Regional Wireless Network with COPS grant funds from the Department of Justice. Its purpose is to allow City of Tempe first responders to inter-operate as regional partners with The City of Phoenix. The completion deadline for the COPS grant funding portion of this project is August 31, 2008.

…This will allow the City of Phoenix to begin testing of the system and expedite the transition of City of Tempe Public Safety personnel from their current unsupported legacy equipment to the new regional system.”

Here are the frequencies and locations of the sites....

WQIL319
1342 E University, Tempe
Bell Butte / Intersection of Broadway and I-10, Tempe
245 E Marigold (Adjacent to Water Tank), Tempe
8201 S Hardy Dr, Tempe
Site No. 1, Mt Suppoa, Phoenix

771.16875
771.41875
771.66875
771.91875
772.16875
772.41875
772.66875
772.91875
773.16875
773.41875
773.66875
773.91875
774.16875
774.41875

Mobiles
802.66875
802.91875
803.16875
803.41875
803.66875
803.91875
804.16875
804.41875
801.16875
801.41875
801.66875
801.91875
802.16875
802.41875
 
Last edited:
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
4
#2
New PRWN Tempe "Simulcast F" site.

The Special Temporary Authorization license is for 5 sub sites and 14 frequencies for the new City of Tempe "Simulcast F " site, for police and municipal users. Tempe sites are expected to be completed by September 2008.

The Tempe PD Substation, 8201 S. Hardy, site is part of the PRWN Trunked Radio Network as a "Simulcast C Site," which consists of ten 800MHz channels. This site is being expanded to bring the City of Tempe onto the network which requires the build out of “Simulcast F Site” subsystem that consists of fourteen (14) 700 MHz channels. Tempe currently utilizes this facility to house their legacy trunked voice system. This system is being replaced by the PRWN Simulcast F subsystem. Once Tempe has fully transitioned to PRWN, the legacy voice system will be decommissioned and equipment removed from this facility.

Tempe Fire Training Center, located at 1340 E. Apache, site is part of the PRWN Trunked Radio Network as a "Simulcast C & F Site" with 700 & 800 MHz voice channel assignments.

Tempe North Water Plant, 245 E Marigold, located at Papago Butte, is part of the PRWN as a "Simulcast F Site". The site will consists of 700 MHz voice channel assignments.

Bell Butte, located at 1705 W. Broadway Rd, is part of the PRWN as a "Simulcast F” site.
 
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
412
#4
C4ISR said:
The Special Temporary Authorization license is for 5 sub sites and 14 frequencies for the new City of Tempe "Simulcast F " site, for police and municipal users. Tempe sites are expected to be completed by September 2008.

The Tempe PD Substation, 8201 S. Hardy, site is part of the PRWN Trunked Radio Network as a "Simulcast C Site," which consists of ten 800MHz channels. This site is being expanded to bring the City of Tempe onto the network which requires the build out of “Simulcast F Site” subsystem that consists of fourteen (14) 700 MHz channels. Tempe currently utilizes this facility to house their legacy trunked voice system. This system is being replaced by the PRWN Simulcast F subsystem. Once Tempe has fully transitioned to PRWN, the legacy voice system will be decommissioned and equipment removed from this facility.

Tempe Fire Training Center, located at 1340 E. Apache, site is part of the PRWN Trunked Radio Network as a "Simulcast C & F Site" with 700 & 800 MHz voice channel assignments.

Tempe North Water Plant, 245 E Marigold, located at Papago Butte, is part of the PRWN as a "Simulcast F Site". The site will consists of 700 MHz voice channel assignments.

Bell Butte, located at 1705 W. Broadway Rd, is part of the PRWN as a "Simulcast F” site.
That's four sites. What about this site Flano listed above?

Site No. 1, Mt Suppoa, Phoenix
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
253
Location
Phoenix, AZ
#6
I programmed the frequencies in on my BCD396T and nothing so far on those channels, but I‘ll let you know if I hear anything in the near future.
 

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,226
Location
SE of Tucson, AZ
#7
jambo said:
I programmed the frequencies in on my BCD396T and nothing so far on those channels, but I‘ll let you know if I hear anything in the near future.
Thanks for checking it out for us....
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
131
#8
PRWIN 700 Mhz

It's midnight on Sunday night. I'm at work in Tempe and decided to check the frequencies in another post for any activity on the 700 Mhz system. I got a hit. Good strong 5 bars on the frequency of 774.4188

Had a little trouble entering it as a system into my 396, since there isn't a menu for a 700 system. But, I programmed it in as a P25 system, and that took.

So far, no talkgroup activity. Will be watching for testing.

---------------------------------------------------------

On another note, found a new talk group on the Phoenix system. Talk group is 1624. Couldn't make out what it was for. They had a command post set up and were talking with
numerous ambulances on stand-by. From the location, I gathered that they were around loop 202, but couldn't make out any other location. Anyone else hear anything on 1624?
 

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,226
Location
SE of Tucson, AZ
#9
elephant101 said:
It's midnight on Sunday night. I'm at work in Tempe and decided to check the frequencies in another post for any activity on the 700 Mhz system. I got a hit. Good strong 5 bars on the frequency of 774.4188

Had a little trouble entering it as a system into my 396, since there isn't a menu for a 700 system. But, I programmed it in as a P25 system, and that took.

So far, no talkgroup activity. Will be watching for testing.
What is the site number that you are seeing with this control channel?
 
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
632
Location
Chandler AZ
#10
AZScanner said:
Great....

Tempe listeners, enjoy listening to your public safety officials while they are still monitorable. Once they switch over to digital, prepare to receive every other syllable.

-AZ
*gasp* Tempe digital? What's the schedule on this?
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
253
Location
Phoenix, AZ
#11
OK I have been monitoring these temp frequencies for some time now, and haven't heard a thing so far. Just thought I'd give ya guys an update.
 
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
412
#12
FLANO said:
What is the site number that you are seeing with this control channel?
Can't directly receive these frequencies on my Pro96. Guess I'm in a bad location for this site. However, using PRO96COM and monitoring Simulcast A I'm seeing in the Site info window's Adjacent Site box, a new site listed. Site 205 (T0205). The PRO96COM manual says T0205 translates as zone 2, site 5. Site 5 hasn't been listed anywhere I've looked and the frequency was decoded as 774.41875 which is in the original post above. Today though site 205 is being shown as 771.91875 - still a frequency in the original list. So that seems to say that these two frequencies are going to be control channels for a new site 5.

If I could receive the control channel directly I could say for sure as well as if there are any other control channels.

Wonder what site 5's name is. Will this be a simulcast site at all the locations above or something different?

jambo said:
OK I have been monitoring these temp frequencies for some time now, and haven't heard a thing so far. Just thought I'd give ya guys an update.
Not even control channel data on either of the two frequencies above?
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
131
#13
wlmr said:
Can't directly receive these frequencies on my Pro96. Guess I'm in a bad location for this site. However, using PRO96COM and monitoring Simulcast A I'm seeing in the Site info window's Adjacent Site box, a new site listed. Site 205 (T0205). The PRO96COM manual says T0205 translates as zone 2, site 5. Site 5 hasn't been listed anywhere I've looked and the frequency was decoded as 774.41875 which is in the original post above. Today though site 205 is being shown as 771.91875 - still a frequency in the original list. So that seems to say that these two frequencies are going to be control channels for a new site 5.
Confirmed. As of Friday night, 4/18/08, the control channel has switched from 774.4187
to 771.4187 So far, I've yet to hear any traffic to list any talk groups, but will continue to monitor and post any new control channels or talk groups.
 
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
412
#14
elephant101 said:
Confirmed. As of Friday night, 4/18/08, the control channel has switched from 774.4187
to 771.4187 So far, I've yet to hear any traffic to list any talk groups, but will continue to monitor and post any new control channels or talk groups.
So the control channel is no longer on 771.91875 but are on a third control channel freq of 771.4187?
 

ICP963

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
246
Location
Chandler, AZ
#16
bigjstud1108 said:
Thats is todays Control Ch... Still no TG ID Hits on my ProCom96
I left ID Tracker II running since very early this morning and logged the following.

2603 2 HITS
2634 1 HIT
2637 1 HIT

Did not have an audio cable hooked up so I did not record anything voice wise.
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
67
Location
Maricopa, AZ
#17
I wonder if the TG are going to be 2600 range. No one is using 2400 - 2799

I'll Leave my ProCom96 Running all day tomorrow and hopefully I get some hits too.

Is Tempe going to be the only user of the new site? because I heard that ASU POLICE was using a 700 MHz trunk system currently. Someone posted that a few months back, the person said he spoke to ASU-PD, and that’s what he was told.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
67
Location
Maricopa, AZ
#18
Today i left my Pro96Com on while i was gone and it logged all these Talkgroups. Most of the these were logged from 11am to 1pm, I guest they have stared testing, i wounder when they will start patching things over. The were only 3 Radio Id's logged, 201, 206, 208

TG ID's
2601
2602
2604
2606
2607
2608
2609
2610
2612
2613
2613
2614
2615
2616
2617
2618
2619
2620
2621
2626
2632
2635
2636
 

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,226
Location
SE of Tucson, AZ
#19
bigjstud1108 said:
Today i left my Pro96Com on while i was gone and it logged all these Talkgroups. Most of the these were logged from 11am to 1pm, I guest they have stared testing, i wounder when they will start patching things over. The were only 3 Radio Id's logged, 201, 206, 208

TG ID's
2601 ...
Excellent. This is typically how the techs set up the new Motorola systems. You'll see only a few RID's, but they'll test out the TG's that will be activated. Looks like they're going to have a few..... :)

Thanks,
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
253
Location
Phoenix, AZ
#20
Quick question for you guys...
Are you programming these freq's in with an AUTO setting (assuming your using a BCD396T) or FM setting?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top