PSAP Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

I know, in Orange County, at least that the PSAP's have headsets in which the local dispatcher talks to the Central dispatcher or call-taker. Is the voice communications done over radio frequencies, and if so, are they scannable?

I know that Wallkill PD has a frequency that says something to the effect of 911 link. Does anyone know of any others?

SCANdal

Silent Key
sc8 said:
I know, in Orange County, at least that the PSAP's have headsets in which the local dispatcher talks to the Central dispatcher or call-taker. Is the voice communications done over radio frequencies, and if so, are they scannable?

No and no to both questions. The connection between the two centers is performed over dedicated ringdown lines.

sc8 said:
I know that Wallkill PD has a frequency that says something to the effect of 911 link.
All that "link" is a UHF (460.275R, 411) to VHF (159.135R, 118.8) crossband. The only other similair one I know of in the county is Crawford's (453.8125R, 0-01-115 to 159.135R, 118.8).

SCANdal

sc800

Thats kind of what I thought.

Why though, does Wallkill need the cross band? If I recall correctly, Wallkill has a 100MHZ radio in their cars, for the sole purpose of hearing the polling channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.