PSP Lehighton Barracks Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDill

So bare with me on this cause this is a question probably already answered somewhere. I am wanting to buy a radio or scanner that can listen to PSP (specifically Lehighton Barracks) and I am so confused by the STARnet system and what can pick it up. It is a lot more confusing than the basic UHF frequencies we used for the Fire Company and Local LEO's.

- Thank You In Advance,
Dillon

mark40

Premium Subscriber
No dice

I am wanting to buy a radio or scanner that can listen to PSP (specifically Lehighton Barracks) and I am so confused by the STARnet system and what can pick it up.
- Thank You In Advance,
Dillon

Dillon, you won't be able to monitor them. Here is the page that has the explanation (below)

Pennsylvania Statewide Radio Network (PA-STARNet) Trunking System, Statewide, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

*** The frequencies for this system are listed in the database for reference purposes only, primarily to aid those who come across those signals while searching the 800 MHz band, as well as to give those interested a sense of how the system is laid out. THERE ARE NO SCANNERS OR RECEIVERS THAT CAN MONITOR OPENSKY, with the obvious exception of a radio officially programmed on the system ***

That said I live within Blooming Grove barracks area and because of coverage/problems with the open sky system, almost daily I hear them on old Vhf system 155.580 Ch.A

I'm not familiar with your area, but you may want to monitor the old Vhf freq. Leighton barracks uses/used. It may be used from time to time for the same reason.

jiminpgh

Lurker
Premium Subscriber
Doctor:
The commonwealth uses a state wide system called Open Sky.
There is no scanner that can monitor this system, sorry.
It is a billion dollar mistake.
Check out the forums for Pennsylvania for the discussion.

Jim

DrDill

Doctor:
The commonwealth uses a state wide system called Open Sky.
There is no scanner that can monitor this system, sorry.
It is a billion dollar mistake.
Check out the forums for Pennsylvania for the discussion.

Jim

Ok Thank You, that sucks I see that its good for security but its still crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.