PSP Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Here's one for the way back machine. Does anyone remember the old PSP Base to Base frequencies? I think that one of them was 42.160? Or how about the old PSP Low band car frequencies?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I knew I kept those old Police Call books for something. For some reason, I never got rid of my 1997 and 2000 editions. According to the 1997 edition, lowband PSP licenses were:

42.600 Base to Base

That's a start.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I knew I kept those old Police Call books for something. For some reason, I never got rid of my 1997 and 2000 editions. According to the 1997 edition, lowband PSP licenses were:

42.600 Base to Base

That's a start.

That looks familiar. You know I can't find one of my old Police Call books to save my life.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I have a few years somewhere ...

Don't know where but I still have several issues of Police Call, I kept them because my name was in the book as a contributor. When Delaware County, PA (DELCO) went from low band to the 500 band I spent a few days sorting out which towns were on which bands and submitted the info to the publisher.

Steveradio

Used be a major contributor back in the day as well. believe have few copies at my parents. Each year addition it was a different color.. RIP Gene Hughes he was nice guy, kept you interested in scanning

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Used be a major contributor back in the day as well. believe have few copies at my parents. Each year addition it was a different color.. RIP Gene Hughes he was nice guy, kept you interested in scanning

Even though my only contribution was the DELCO stuff (50 or so different PD's) they kept me in the book for a few years. I remember one was orange and another dark blue.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

I recall orange, green and blue cover colors.
Sorry for being off topic.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
So when did PSP abandon low band for mobile use? I only recall the Base to Base channels being used in my day. I remember the cars having a truck lip mount 5/8 wave base loaded whip in addition to a 1/4 wave VHF High band up until a few years ago but I always assumed that the longer antenna was for a CB as I know that they did monitor CB9 at one time.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
My understanding is that any lowband antennas you may have seen in the past decade have been for CBs.

I remember interning for a summer with PFBC way back in 1997 and they still listed 42.600 in the channel plan for their lowband radios but, there was no contacting PSP at that point on the channel so they had abandoned it before that point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.