PSP southwest regional scanner frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerH11

Helicopter is coming and they said contact would be on southwest regional frequency. Any idea what freq this would be?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
RogerH11 said:
Central PA, State College area.

Should be the 155.490 freq Chris listed. This is used throughout the north-central PA area including the following counties:

Tioga
Potter
Clinton
Lycoming
Centre
Union
Northumberland
Snyder
Juniata

I think all the SEDA COG counties and some counties surrounding that area use this frequency as a regional police coordination channel.

Some history on the regional coordination effort (rare in PA) can be found here:
http://unioncountypa.org/residents/government/county/emergency/history.asp

RogerH11

I got busy so I wasn't around to figure it out. The ETA was an hour so I guess I'll never know.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Southwest Regional is a talkgroup on the Opensky system. Stick your head in a PSP car around the Harrisburg area (with the trooper's permission of course) and see for yourself. Its what all the PSP Opensky radios around this area seem to be on.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Mattsenft said:
Southwest Regional is a talkgroup on the Opensky system. Stick your head in a PSP car around the Harrisburg area (with the trooper's permission of course) and see for yourself. Its what all the PSP Opensky radios around this area seem to be on.

Well, there ya go. Sounds good to me. When I first replied, I completely glossed over the "Southwest" and just saw "Regional" which is what everybody in NC PA calls 155.490.

Of course, this begs the question as to what "Southwest Regional" refers to...certainly not SW PA if it is being used in the Harrisburg and State College areas. Who knows...doesn't much matter since we can't hear anything anyway. Damn you OpenSky!

CommJunkie

benrussellpa said:
Of course, this begs the question as to what "Southwest Regional" refers to...certainly not SW PA if it is being used in the Harrisburg and State College areas. Who knows...doesn't much matter since we can't hear anything anyway. Damn you OpenSky!

Maybe the Troop region?

Status
Not open for further replies.