PSR-310 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
So I did a few searches on this forum and the owners manual. I would like to adjust the speed, if possible of the display. When the scanner is holding on a frequency, it flashes back and forth between the scan list and the particular ch/freq. It goes so fast I can not read it clearly. I thought I saw some info on this, but can't locate it.

Tango Mike,

Carlos

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
So I did a few searches on this forum and the owners manual. I would like to adjust the speed, if possible of the display. When the scanner is holding on a frequency, it flashes back and forth between the scan list and the particular ch/freq. It goes so fast I can not read it clearly. I thought I saw some info on this, but can't locate it.

Tango Mike,

Carlos

The setting you're looking for is under the Global expert settings almost to the end.

PGM > GLOB > LCD BlinkOff and LCD BlinkOn

Tip: once in global settings it's quicker to press FUNC + down to go all the way to the bottom and then scroll up.

Below is an excerpt from an easier-to-read-manual that will help you decide what value to enter:

LCD BlinkOff For alternating text displays, sets the display time for the secondary display element. (object number, channel name, ID name/number, search name, scan list number)
Enter the amount of time, 1 - 250 x10 ms (10 - 2500 ms). Enter 1 for 'off'. Default is 150 (1.5 secs).

LCD BlinkOn For alternating text displays, sets the display time for the primary display element. (system name, scan status, scan list name, program mode, >PAUSED<)
Enter the amount of time, 1 - 250 x10 ms (10 - 2500 ms). Enter 1 for 'off'. Default is 50 (.5 secs).

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Wirelessly posted (HTC S 4G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sensation_4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

berkeleycarlos said:
Thank you! Works great now. I did not see that. Is that the "LCD Blinking" setting on the ARC software?

I use win500 but surely that is the same setting.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Wirelessly posted (HTC S_4G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sensation_4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

This might be overkill but you can just download your scanner's configuration using the arc software and it will show the changes you've made in the scanner by hand and go from there...

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Didn't even know this was an option. Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answers!

I really need to spend some time on that "Easier to Read..." website. :)

eagleswings01

The easier to read manual was a HUGE help to me in setting up my 310! I need to send the guy a few bucks in Paypal...that website is WAY better than the GRE manual.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.