PSR-400 frequency step issue for CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irontail

I am totally new to the RR forums. I have exhausted my search on all these threads looking for my answers. I have an old PSR-400 that is brand new in the box and would like to use here in Canada. I tried programming in some local frequencies and the US frequency steps dont work for Canada frequencies. I checked the firmware and it is v1.00 after pressing program while turning on the scanner. I also found a firmware update for this scanner of v1.08 online which I have standing by in a file. Part of my question is if I update to v1.08 , will this solve the frequency step issue. My other question is if I update to v1.08, will it make this scanner a PSR-400C, or is there a global setting in the new firmware to switch it to a "C" (Canadian). I can not find a firmware version for the "C" model, and not sure if the "C" model solves the step issue. I also found an article online that states I can use one of my many 3.5mm stereo programming cables to upload this firmware and use to program with the many software choices. I have a Icom, Yaesu, Alinco, and TYT 3.5mm stereo usb and serial cables that all dont work. I have all the proper drivers for both the usb , serial Prolific, and FTDI as I use those for all my other radio programming without a problem. I know this is an older scanner, but I really like the fact that it has Alpha tags and don't want to waste a good scanner. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.