• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PSR 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a PSR 400 and has stopped scanning in trunk mode.I have tried to reprogram the scanner.Scanner will work in conventional mode but not in trunk.Would this be a scanner issue or software issue? I am using the Butel ARC 300 software.I use it to monitor a Motorola system(analog) and have all the base/spacing/frequency correct.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's start with precisely what system you are trying to hear- go up to DATABASES under the site title on the left top, then mouse down to FREQUENCY DATABASE. Use the map and various pulldowns to get to your state, then look for a tab that lists all your state's trunking systems. C'mon back with the URL. It would also help to know generally where you are (city/state is fine)

Mike

Let's start with precisely what system you are trying to hear- go up to DATABASES under the site title on the left top, then mouse down to FREQUENCY DATABASE. Use the map and various pulldowns to get to your state, then look for a tab that lists all your state's trunking systems. C'mon back with the URL. It would also help to know generally where you are (city/state is fine)

Mike
Mike, I believe he's in Ontario Canada.
Larry

I live in Oshawa Ontario Canada.I am listening to Bell FleetNet Zone 1.Listening to ems and mto.I use the same program in my other PSR600,PSR310,PSR700,PSR800x2 and Uniden scanners.All are working fine with no problems.All base/spacing/frequency and towers are all correct for where i'm listening.This is why i'm wondering if it is a problem with the scanner.And was wondering if there is maybe a different software I can try?Thanks

I live in Oshawa Ontario Canada.I am listening to Bell FleetNet Zone 1.Listening to ems and mto.I use the same program in my other PSR600,PSR310,PSR700,PSR800x2 and Uniden scanners.All are working fine with no problems.All base/spacing/frequency and towers are all correct for where i'm listening.This is why i'm wondering if it is a problem with the scanner.And was wondering if there is maybe a different software I can try?Thanks
I would try to reset the scanner and/or reload the firmware to see if that fixes the issue. The memory that retains the working memory or firmware may have become corrupted.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.