PSR-500 - can't upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshik

I can't upload the PSR 500 using the Bultel software. It's a demo, which I downloaded today. It does not say anything about the expiration...
The progress bar on the radio goes all the way and the scaner says: "File system initialized to defaults. Press any key."
The communication is fine since I was able to flash the new 1.2 with no problem.
I tried both turbo and regular modes with no luck.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
toshik said:
I can't upload the PSR 500 using the Bultel software. It's a demo, which I downloaded today. It does not say anything about the expiration...
The progress bar on the radio goes all the way and the scaner says: "File system initialized to defaults. Press any key."
The communication is fine since I was able to flash the new 1.2 with no problem.
I tried both turbo and regular modes with no luck.

If you see that message, you need to press any key and wait for the scanner to come up and wait for input for programming. Then start the upload again.

The uploading doesn't work 100% of the time - sometimes it hangs and "reboots" the scanner (at least it does that to me) in the middle of the upload - then I get that message and have to press a key and try again.

Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Doubt Gommert will read in here so this should be in ARC500 thread.

Turbo is default and the only method I've used. However, I purposely selected wrong comport in an attempt to reproduce you symptom. My bar went all the way and closed without any notice of error, but the scanner did not indicate any change.

Repeating using the same comport produced "Runtime Error 9 Subscript out of Range" with no change to scanner display. Click OK and the program closes.

Rerun program and attempt again with same results as first try...no error or no change to scanner

Using XP ServPac 2

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Your upload is working fine but there is a parameter in the file that causes the scanner to initialize. Please send us a copy of the gr5 file that you are uploading ( arcsoftware at yahoo.com ) so we can take a look.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

toshik

Still no solution

Even though I purchased the full version of the program, there is no solution to the problem as of yet.
Does this program work for anybody?
Please don't get me wrong, in the past I've purchased Butel programs for Icom and Uniden and they all worked fine. This makes it more annoying.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
For the records: we offer a full working ARC500 version so you can try before you purchase. Although the upload fails, you decided to register the software.

The problem is related to the Russian Windows version that you use and we are trying to find a solution.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.