PSR-500 Garbled Audio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBelknap

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

I just bought a GRE PSR-500 and on some of my digital station it comes in very garbled and I hardly can hear them talking.. On my Michigan State Police station it comes in perfectly clear... It has the same trunking as my Allegan County station (Garbled one).

Is this a Signal issue or something I have to deal with? If it is a signal issue what new antenna should I purchase?

Thanks,
JBelknap

whooey

The RadioShack 800mhz antenna fixed my similar issue, you could also try messing with the ATT button, could be overloading the front end.

Good luck.

JBelknap

Premium Subscriber
The RadioShack 800mhz antenna fixed my similar issue, you could also try messing with the ATT button, could be overloading the front end.

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply,

If I get the RS 800mhz antenna will it affect my Sheriff Frequency of 154.69500??

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the quick reply,

If I get the RS 800mhz antenna will it affect my Sheriff Frequency of 154.69500??

Thanks

Yes it will. An 800 MHz antenna will not receive your 154 MHz frequency as well as an antenna designed for those 154 MHz frequencies. However, depending on how strong the signal is, you may be able to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.