PSR-500 handle EDACS patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Does the PSR-500 support EDACS talkgroup patches? This thread implies that it does, however I've not had any luck.

An example of a talkgroup patch would be ID 04-021 and 04-023 being patched as ID 15-157. It would be nice to still tune either 04-021 or -023 and be able to follow the group is it's patched with another station. Right now when monitoring 04-023 and it goes patched, you miss traffic unless putting the scanner on 15-175.

I'm guessing this might just be a Uniden thing as they automatically detect; so if there is a trick for GRE scanners that I'm missing I would love to know :) One thing for sure is the PSR-500 sets the bar high when it comes to features on a scanner. This is one AMAZING RADIO!

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Does the PSR-500 support EDACS talkgroup patches? This thread implies that it does, however I've not had any luck.

An example of a talkgroup patch would be ID 04-021 and 04-023 being patched as ID 15-157. It would be nice to still tune either 04-021 or -023 and be able to follow the group is it's patched with another station. Right now when monitoring 04-023 and it goes patched, you miss traffic unless putting the scanner on 15-175.

I'm guessing this might just be a Uniden thing as they automatically detect; so if there is a trick for GRE scanners that I'm missing I would love to know :) One thing for sure is the PSR-500 sets the bar high when it comes to features on a scanner. This is one AMAZING RADIO!

did you get an answer here?
I just noticed after all these months unless I am missing something,my local edacs system has a patch going on 15-156 right now.I am hearing nothing withgre and I havea wildcard programmed.Uniden is hearing it fine.

Thanks

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The Uniden supports patching and the GRE does not. This goes for both Motorola, EDACS and P25 with the GRE.

spooney

did you get an answer here?
I just noticed after all these months unless I am missing something,my local edacs system has a patch going on 15-156 right now.I am hearing nothing withgre and I havea wildcard programmed.Uniden is hearing it fine.

Thanks

Jeff, I was hearing that patch traffic yesterday during the search for those escapees ok on both my 500 and 600. 15-156 came up on the wildcard and I stored it as usual. Are you saying your scanner didn't receive this on your wildcard setting??

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Jeff, I was hearing that patch traffic yesterday during the search for those escapees ok on both my 500 and 600. 15-156 came up on the wildcard and I stored it as usual. Are you saying your scanner didn't receive this on your wildcard setting??
You still get that virtual TG for the patch but if you monitor any of the TG's aliased to it you won't hear anything. The Uniden will see the CC data and know to tune that virtual TG when you park on to the TG's patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.