Psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

I was just wondering, what is the difference between boot version 1.0 and 1.4? I have a 1.0 and have to use the first update, am I missing things because I do not have the 1.4 version? I had zero problems updating my 500, download was sweet and easy, I just read the few lines of instruction ( I know I usually don't read instructions but $500 is alot of cash to brick)

DonS

Manufacturing differences.

The CPU 1.8 update is the same, whether you have boot 1.0, 1.1, 1.3 (Canadian), or 1.4.

EDIT: "CPU 1.8 update is the same" above refers to the functionality / features in that CPU version. Of course, the update binary you must use are different depending on boot version.

Last edited:

Northerner71

So it doesn't decode faster with the higher boot version? Why wouldn't it be standard across the board?
Oh well thanks for the quick response.

DonS

So it doesn't decode faster with the higher boot version?
No, the boot version has nothing to do with any kind of "decoding" speed. It's just a manufacturing difference in the boot code itself.
Why wouldn't it be standard across the board?
The manufacturing difference cited above caused an incompatibility between boot versions. Boot versions 1.0/1.1 cannot accept firmware built for boot version 1.4, and vice-versa.

Other than having to use a different "EXE" file for CPU updates, there is absolutely no difference between the 1.8 CPU versions for the various boot code versions. That is, if you have a boot 1.0 scanner and your friend has a boot 1.4 scanner, CPU 1.8 will behave exactly the same on the two radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.