PSR 600 and ARC Pro 500 Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tassie

I was wondering if anyone in Ontario has this combo and what their thoughts are as I am in the market for a new radio and I am looking at this type of combo.

Thanks

Tassie

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have the Pro-197 (which is the Radio Shack version of the PSR-600) and love it. Great radio. The ARC software though..... not a fan of that. I would recommend taking a look at Win500 or PSREdit. Thankfully they all come with free trials so you can kick the tires yourself and see what works best. For me, I ended up buying PSREdit.

VE3JSO

i have the pro 106 which is the radio shack version of the psr500 it is a good scanner had it since jan and never had a problem (knock on wood) i used all the programming software for the scanner and found that win500 is really easy to use with the scanner and i agree with what forts said about the arc in my opinion that that software is not user friendly compared to win500 and psredit

tassie

PSR 600 and ARC 500 Pro Software

Thanks very much for the excellnet feed back on my request for information. I was not aware that RS had a scanner close to the PSR 600, so I will now take a look at that as well as other software.

Feed back is always appreciated.

Tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.