PSR 600 With Boot Loader 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisk

Is there anyone with a PSR 600 that has the early Boot Loader F1.0?

Interested in how it is working with a P25 system that is a Motorola CQPSK [apparently]

This would be the Ottawa Ontario P25 system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8161
► [ this is not a phase II system as shown in the data base it is phase I ]
The reason I am asking is that my PSR600 as very poor audio decoding on this system.

It does however work well on this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2560

I realize that my boot loader is very early in the production line so there may not be many out there.

Thanks very much , Mike

mmisk

Not surprised there are no comments on this due to the age of my PSR 600 with the old boot loader.
I wonder if the boot loader has anything to do with P25 audio decoding? [do not think it should]

I would still be interested in any comments from users as to the audio decoding quality they are experiencing using this model, and the type of P25 system they are listening to, regardless of the age of their PSR 600.

Thanks!

BITT211

hello , i have a radio shack pro 197 / which i a gre 600 , picks up p25 phase1 conventional , crystal clear , buffalo pd / ecso , simulcast works fine , had to play with expert settings ,have lastest firmware loaded

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The boot loader only affects the firmware file that is loaded. As far as I can tell GRE released similar application firmware versions for both the early and later bootloaders.

73 Eric

mmisk

Thank you for the input. Yes I have the latest firmware loaded. It just does not like this version of P25.
The boot loader F1.0 gave me the ability to track EDACS provoice, which was very handy, sent the signal to DSD.
EDACS here is not used now, everything is on P25.
I can still listen to the new P25 system using my trusty old 396T, or DSD

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.