PSR 800 Delay and Site selection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmorgan

I live in a huge metro area and have several thousand conventional frequencies and trunked talk groups in my scanner. I can see how to set the delay factor on individual channels or talkgroups. However, the default value of 2.0 seconds is too fast for me and I would like to change it to a default value of 5.0 and/or reset all existing values to 5.0 seconds. It is a hassle to do this one by one. Is there anyway to do a global change in the software so I don't have to do all these one by one? Thanks for ideas, if you have any.

Second, when I am on the road I want to enable and disable specific transmitter sites in a wide area system (hundreds of miles). I know how to do it using the software but I don't see a way to do this just on the scanner itself when I am on the road with no computer available. Any thoughts, ideas comments? Thanks

mikey60

I live in a huge metro area and have several thousand conventional frequencies and trunked talk groups in my scanner. I can see how to set the delay factor on individual channels or talkgroups. However, the default value of 2.0 seconds is too fast for me and I would like to change it to a default value of 5.0 and/or reset all existing values to 5.0 seconds. It is a hassle to do this one by one. Is there anyway to do a global change in the software so I don't have to do all these one by one? Thanks for ideas, if you have any.

You can go into the object lists, click on the left column of any object, then press Ctrl-A to select all objects. Then click on the delay column on any object and set the delay there. All objects will be set to that value. This works on the Conventional list, talkgroup list, Radio Id List, and Scan list pages.

Second, when I am on the road I want to enable and disable specific transmitter sites in a wide area system (hundreds of miles). I know how to do it using the software but I don't see a way to do this just on the scanner itself when I am on the road with no computer available. Any thoughts, ideas comments? Thanks

Not without duplicating the system to multiple copies...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.