PSR 800 For Dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyos

I am trying set up scanlists for my area (Montgomery Co, MD) using the computer EZ Scan software, but am experiencing problems. Hoping the RR community can help.

I should start by saying I was successful once - I was able to get the basic dispatch frequencies (objects) onto a scanlist, but have since been unable to expand on new lists.

I follow all the 'Import Library' steps in the software; selecting state, county, etc., etc. and seem to be 'importing selected channels' without a problem to the computer's scanlists. Then I export to the scanner and go to listen. I receive this message when I enable the new scanlist and hit scan: "Nothing to Scan!"

Confused, I have tried importing the existing scanlists on my scanner back into the scanner, just to see if they are exporting correctly. Viola, they are there!

I am aware that I have to select sites - I've tried selecting more sites than what I thought was necessary, but no luck there.

For some reason I am unable to create any scanlists that will be recognized - all trouble shooting attempts I have made result in: "Nothing to Scan!"

The new lists I am trying to configure: Takoma Park PD, Rockville PD, Montgomery County Correctional Facility, District 1-5 Tactical Channels.

This scanner is already designed to take most of the thinking out of locking into frequencies/TG/objects, so I feel like a moron here...

troymail

Silent Key
I am trying set up scanlists for my area (Montgomery Co, MD) using the computer EZ Scan software, but am experiencing problems. Hoping the RR community can help.

I should start by saying I was successful once - I was able to get the basic dispatch frequencies (objects) onto a scanlist, but have since been unable to expand on new lists.

I follow all the 'Import Library' steps in the software; selecting state, county, etc., etc. and seem to be 'importing selected channels' without a problem to the computer's scanlists. Then I export to the scanner and go to listen. I receive this message when I enable the new scanlist and hit scan: "Nothing to Scan!"

Confused, I have tried importing the existing scanlists on my scanner back into the scanner, just to see if they are exporting correctly. Viola, they are there!

I am aware that I have to select sites - I've tried selecting more sites than what I thought was necessary, but no luck there.

For some reason I am unable to create any scanlists that will be recognized - all trouble shooting attempts I have made result in: "Nothing to Scan!"

The new lists I am trying to configure: Takoma Park PD, Rockville PD, Montgomery County Correctional Facility, District 1-5 Tactical Channels.

This scanner is already designed to take most of the thinking out of locking into frequencies/TG/objects, so I feel like a moron here...

When you import the talkgroups/channels, are you selecting a specific scanlist to put them in or importing to the "default" scanlist? Either way, is that scanlist enabled (first screen in EZ Scan)?

Is all of the programming you are doing in the first/default VFolder?

Are you using only "scanlists" or are you also employing "scan sets"? This can cause some confusion too.

bmyos

To answer some questions above (thanks for replying BTW, appreciated!)

I am trying to set up individual lists for just a couple of sub-agencies in the area. I am selecting a list outside of the default (scanlist 2, 3, etc., scanlist 1 is my default) when I import. All of these lists are enabled. Also, when I go to the scanlist function on the scanner, I make sure it's the only one checked when I try scanning.

I don't think I am doing anything to the Vfolders. I scrolled down the menu to V-scanner option, after hitting select, it says this "Default Folder: (no description file found)"

I am only using scanlists, no scan sets.

bmyos

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I submitted a support ticket to GRE and received a reply. For any other RR user who may have the same problem, here is the reply that fixed it:

"Thank you for contacting GRE.

In the PC Application, please enable the advanced tab if it is not already (it can be enabled in the Advanced Menu).

On the Advanced tab, check the Scan Sets area on the upper right side of the screen.

In order for a scanlist to be scanned, it must be enabled on the General Settings Tab, and be a member of an enabled scan set. Normally the default is to have a single scan set with all scanlists as a member of that set and that set is enabled.

Check that first to see if it will resolve the issue."

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I had that same problem but managed, after much head scratching (not to mention swearing and whining) managed to figure it out on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.