PSR-800: PSR-800 How To Review Skipped TGs Found By Wildcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

If you've found a new talk group via the Wildcard feature and you locked out the TG by pressing the Skip button after the scanner stopped on Wildcard!, how can you review and see what the talk group ID was that you locked out?

AC2OY

You have to go into settings menu and restore your skipped items. That's the only way I know of but there might be more. The easier to read for the 800 is very helpful.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
PSR-800 review wildcards

My WS1080 is basically a PSR-800. I have found when you press "menu" during the Wildcard hit .. IT will show the menu to store wildcard. After storing you can name it. THEN... you go to browse objects and you find it IN the scanlist where you have the wildcard enabled. It will be at the bottom of the scanlist. This is one reason I import all talkgroups including the Enc ones in a System and select to lock them out during import. This way new Wildcard hits won't be so hard to find without ENC talkgroups interfering.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanesFan95

My WS1080 is basically a PSR-800. I have found when you press "menu" during the Wildcard hit .. IT will show the menu to store wildcard. After storing you can name it. THEN... you go to browse objects and you find it IN the scanlist where you have the wildcard enabled. It will be at the bottom of the scanlist. This is one reason I import all talkgroups including the Enc ones in a System and select to lock them out during import. This way new Wildcard hits won't be so hard to find without ENC talkgroups interfering.

This sounds like good advice and I'll give it a try. The Wildcard feature is hard to use. It's hard to see the talk group ID and it's hard to hold on a new TG ID without knowing if what you're holding on the just the Wildcard or the specific ID. Once the carrier drops, it loses the talk group and you're back to wildcard mode, I think. It's annoying the way it all works. Why couldn't they just have an ID search like the Unidens?

CanesFan95

You have to go into settings menu and restore your skipped items. That's the only way I know of but there might be more. The easier to read for the 800 is very helpful.

That's actually the problem. You can restore skipped items, but it doesn't seem to have a list where you can scroll through and SEE what is locked out. All I want to do is review and see the TGIDs. I'm trying to get all the ProVoice talk groups on an EDACS system weeded out and put into a scanlist.

Ed6698

I believe after you get done locking out the items you could use EZScan and Copy Configuration From Scanner Memory/SD Card then view in EZScan what is locked out. I think that is what you are trying to do directly with the radio.

AC2OY

That's actually the problem. You can restore skipped items, but it doesn't seem to have a list where you can scroll through and SEE what is locked out. All I want to do is review and see the TGIDs. I'm trying to get all the ProVoice talk groups on an EDACS system weeded out and put into a scanlist.

Or you can lock out everything then just unlock what you want to hear. Probably your best bet would be to use EZ scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.