PSR-800 ! in device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbachman

I have a PSR-800 and when I plug it into the USB port, it appears that a driver is missing,(See attachment 1)I am using the EZScanDGInstall_v1.08.zip from the GRE website and when installing I receive a pop up box that indicates that an inf file cannot be written. (See attachment 2) This is windows 7 x64.

I have done everything listed in the posts regarding this to no avail. And do not have the original cd, and that seems to have fixed the issue for some.

It looks like I need the inf file from the cd.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Barry

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,205

jyams

Follow the instructions below for Windows 8 but in Windows 7. Did it myself just last night and now Windows 8.1 sees my PSR-800. Be advised you will need the CD in the original equipment box. That CD has the .inf file that windows needs to load your driver. Grab that file off your CD, save to Desktop, go to device manager, right click on PSR-800 and uninstall the existing driver, then reinstall driver choosing option to browse computer, and browse to that file on your desktop. You might have to disable the digital signature check as in the post below to solve this in the end. And, be sure you are doing all of this as "administrator".

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/248386-psr-800-windows-8-a.html#post1857362

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have found my cd for the psr800. I found the inf file and put in a zip file I hope this works for you. When you open the folder just copy the file (do not use the inf folder) over to the C:\windows\inf\GRECOM_PSR-800

Last edited:

bbachman

Thanks everyone!

Everyone,

I really appreciate the suggestions and upload of the INF file and I will use the WIN 8 installation method.
Updates to follow :)

Barry Bachman
PSR-800, PRO-18,PSR-600, PRO-164, PRO-97, ST-2 Antenna

bbachman

Issue Resolved!!

Thank all of you for your assistance.
I was able to get it all working by installing the software on another pc and did not get the file warning, and then moved the .inf file over to the other pc, and using the update driver option, was able to direct it to the file, and now everything is up and running.

Barry

PS) bravo14, that was the file I needed thank you for the upload.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thank all of you for your assistance.
I was able to get it all working by installing the software on another pc and did not get the file warning, and then moved the .inf file over to the other pc, and using the update driver option, was able to direct it to the file, and now everything is up and running.

Barry

PS) bravo14, that was the file I needed thank you for the upload.

No problem glad it worked out for you.

redshift

I have found my cd for the psr800. I found the inf file and put in a zip file I hope this works for you. When you open the folder just copy the file (do not use the inf folder) over to the C:\windows\inf\GRECOM_PSR-800

Just wanted to post another thanks! I recently updated to Windows 8.1 and my install CD for the PSR-800 is long gone. The file you posted is like gold to someone like me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.