psr-800 scanner problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
For some reason my scanner is only picking up vhf signals. I have done nothing that I know of . Went into psr program looked for somthing that has changed .Can not figure it out. Any suggestions. Also if I wanted to reset scanner to like it was new and restart would I push the factory reset button that is in psr-800 program..Any help greatly appericiated.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PSR 800 Problems

The State of Michigan radio system is going through the rebanding process. The frequencies have all been changed. You need to run the rebanding process for all of your Berrien County and state entries.

Last edited:

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I will check this out.. I do not mind reading but sometimes after reading you are still no further along.. I f I push factory reset does this take scanner to like coming out of the box like new.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PSR 800

I have never had to reset my scanners, so I can't answer that. My HT's usually have two reset levels, one for just programmed info and one that wipes everything to factory specs. I just redid Wayne county due to rebanding. I just replaced the present folder with the new information by using the software and doing a reformat of the SD card and copying the library and files to the card.

CVASSB

I'm having problems with mine to.

I just updated the firmware in my PSR-800,and it's lost some of it's receive. The two attenuators are turned off,and the volume is working. I've tried multiple antennas on it since last night,and I can't figure out what it is. I'm in Virginia,and there is no changes in my area,and my other scanners are picking up everything.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:

kb8rvp

psr-800 scanner problem

For some reason my scanner is only picking up vhf signals. I have done nothing that I know of . Went into psr program looked for somthing that has changed .Can not figure it out. Any suggestions. Also if I wanted to reset scanner to like it was new and restart would I push the factory reset button that is in psr-800 program..Any help greatly appericiated.

If you need any help let me know I have rebanded my PSR-800 for Michigan without any issue.

Mike

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
When you update the data base doesn't it change the rebanded freqs?

Only if you either have it configured to do so or you allow it to do so when you get to the end of the DB update progress. Personally... I make any updates manually after the new DB has been installed. (The few times when I have allowed the software make updates to my exisiting programmed I have programmed it made changes I didn't want or needed done. [I made backups of the older programming so I didn't have to really hassle with correcting the unwanted changes.] I'll admit that I also download the `master?' DB files .PDFs for my state for use with my other scanners that don't program via the RR DB and their software so I have both DBs to work with.)

If you aren't using custom labels or other custom configurations to how your scanner you might not have any `quibbles' with how the automated updating makes it's updates. Just make a backup of how your scanner is programmed, all you need to backup are the CDAT files, and give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.