Psr-800 SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

enginecompany

It appears that my sd card is fried, I tried to update my configuration and I kept getting an error. Tried following the process in the user manual and it did not work. My question is where can I purchase another sd card. Does it have to be a 2gb card or can it be larger than that? Any input is appreciated. Thank you

mikey60

I'd recommend a SanDisk card. Any size should work up to 32GB. You should be able to pick those up anywhere like a drug store or walmart, etc.

Mike

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I've been using Kingston 4G Class 10 MicroSD cards with my 800s (2) and from a week or so after the 800s first came out without any problems. I've also tried larger Kingston Class 10 cards without any problems though I only use those whenever I've want to make *long* `recordings' for either TG or RID `chasing'.

troymail

Silent Key
I've used mostly Kingston and SanDisk (I think I've used PNY also). I've used up to 32Gb as was reported earlier however, the larger the size, it seems the longer to boot up. I really like the 2Gb size for fast booting.

Best bet is it get a few and have them "in reserve" verse crisis buying at Best Buy, etc. (if you want to save money). It's also not a bad idea to keep a 2nd card loaded and ready to use. I do ALOT of writing and reading to the card (logging, audio, etc.) and the cards wear out over time. I presume if you don't do these things, the card will last longer.

I just purchased 2 - 2Gb and 2 - 4Gb (4 total) online for about $25.

kb8rvp

It appears that my sd card is fried, I tried to update my configuration and I kept getting an error. Tried following the process in the user manual and it did not work. My question is where can I purchase another sd card. Does it have to be a 2gb card or can it be larger than that? Any input is appreciated. Thank you

You may need to format the card to fix the error. I have been able to get mine working. I am putting some links to other software and some posts from the past so please check these out and give it a try and check out these three links:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/209170-psr-800-error-code.html
SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Formatting Software | Download | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

Good Luck
Mike

Last edited:

jackj

Any size or speed microSD will work. I currently use both a 2 and a 4 gig card but I have used a 32 gig, class 10 card in the past. The only thing I can tell you is that the card must be formated as either FAT or FAT32, NTFS won't work. Also the larger size cards take longer to boot for some reason, makes no difference how much data is on them, so I'd stay with 8 gig or smaller cards.

DickH

I've used mostly Kingston and SanDisk (I think I've used PNY also).

SD cards are made by just 2 or 3 manufacturers and they put all those other labels on them,
so it doesn't matter what the name is. For some applications the speed is important.

SCPD

QRT
32GB vs 16 GB same brand

I tried both

16GB seems to work best.
The 32 GB takes a long time to boot up and crapped up once.
The 32 works,but Im sticking with the 16GB.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm not the only one with the 16gb card. The 2gb came with the radio crapped out months ago. So when I got a 16gb card I noticed it takes a little longer to boot up. So far so good. I use the big card to record alot of tgid's since a new system is around by me. I may get a 4gb card for back up.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Something I've found out about SD memory `cards', both the `original' `big' ones and the `Micro' ones, over the years is that sometimes it may appear that the `card' has `gone out to lunch' on you is quite often just a `contact problem, that can be cured by just taking the card out and re-inserting it. This seems to usually happen with `cards' that are removed and re-installed on a somewhat irregular basis like weekly / bi-weekly / or monthly instead of daily basis. It may be that it is sort of a `tarnish' having been formed whilst the `card' has been sitting in the `socket' and when it is returned to the socket the contacts don't exactly line up like the previous insertion.

Since the programming of my 700/800 scanners really only changes when there is some sort of `major' system change I have noticed the occasional re-insertion is needed and then things go back to `normal'. I don't chnage my programming via the USB cable connection and I suspect that doing that most of the time and then doing a reprogram by removing and replacing the `card' would cause a problem to occur making one to suspect a bad `card' by not being reseated in the original contact area.

Status
Not open for further replies.