PSR 800 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
OK folks - just bought a PSR800 open box, should have it next week. The links above worked for me so when it gets here I will check it out and then get the Whistler upgrade.

Anyone running EZscan under Win 10 with Parallels on a Mac?

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
OK, I'll answer my own question. Ezscan installed in Win10 on my MacBook Air. I guess the real test comes when the PSR800 arrives.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
OK, I'll answer my own question. Ezscan installed in Win10 on my MacBook Air. I guess the real test comes when the PSR800 arrives.
When you have the legacy upgrade done you must use ezscan for the ws1080, it is a modern updated version of what you have for a stock psr-800

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
OK, should be no problem installing that. The 800 should arrive today, will play with it for a week and then send it to the mother ship for upgrade.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The upgrade from Whistler is worth the cost. I have it on a PSR 800 and Pro 18. It does more than just add DMR reception. Your remaining battle may be with the drivers for the USB cable. Using an adapter that holds the micro SD card and plugs into USB is the quickest way around the driver issue if you have problems, and it will format and load faster than when the card is in the radio.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
PSR800 arrived today, USPS really treated the small flat rate box badly, was ripped open and in a plastic bag. Fortunately the seller protected it well in the original GRE box.

Took a lot of finagling to get the PC talking to the 800 but finally got there, EZScan is soooo slooowww......

Saved the sellers configuration and updated the library and firmware, at least EZScan sez I did. How to check the firmware?

After dealing with Uniden Sentinel for a few years EZScan is not really intuitive but I think I have my Clermont Co. Ohio systems loaded and scanning. The SDS100 hears better than the 800 but the 800 is using the stock GRE antenna which is probably a dummy load at 700 and 800 mhz.

Where is the book "object oriented scanners made easy?"

DJ11DLN

Only use the USB connection for firmware and DSP updates. Load the card via an adapter directly from your PC, it will save you beau coup headaches and will go a lot faster that way.

Nasby

Make sure you set each trunking site as it's own individual scanlist.
Putting all the sites under one scanlist will result in missed traffic.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
It is not ezscan, The scanners built in card reader is slow, remove the card and use a card reader on your PC it will be a lot faster.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
I only have three Marcs IP systems in my scanner, Clermont Co., Hamilton Co. and Cincinnati. Should these be separated into separate Scanlists?

I started a new thread in the GRE forum for more PSR800 questions.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
It is not ezscan, The scanners built in card reader is slow, remove the card and use a card reader on your PC it will be a lot faster.

Did that once and it was much faster but I hate to keep removing/installing the micro SD card. When I get it set up like I want then for occasional changes I can do that method.

DJ11DLN

Did that once and it was much faster but I hate to keep removing/installing the micro SD card. When I get it set up like I want then for occasional changes I can do that method.
There have been a very few reports of damaged card sockets in these radios but by and large they are pretty robust, I wouldn't worry a great deal about popping the card in and out.

Nasby

I only have three Marcs IP systems in my scanner, Clermont Co., Hamilton Co. and Cincinnati. Should these be separated into separate Scanlists?

I started a new thread in the GRE forum for more PSR800 questions.

Yes. Absolutely!

Status
Not open for further replies.