Psr-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
I thought everything was loaded into this unit? Why would i need to load more freqs or whatever?

when it scans will it say the name of the people useing that freq?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I thought everything was loaded into this unit? Why would i need to load more freqs or whatever?

when it scans will it say the name of the people useing that freq?

The Radio Reference Forum Database is built in. That isn't "everything" and GRE isn't claiming it is. In my area, for instance, most Ham repeaters aren't in the RR database, so I have to add them myself. Methinks you are beating a strawman.

The same thing will be true of the Uniden Home Patrol, since it uses the Radio Reference database as well.

Well, my 800 arrived in the mail today and I had the local police p25 talk groups working in around half an hour. The software in the CD wouldn't install, so I went to the GRE website and found a software update that works just fine. Sensitivity seems fine and I haven't noticed any overload issues when connected to my commercial antenna,

So far so good.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
The software and scanner all depend on local people submitting corrections and additions to the RR database. If there is something missing or wrong and you are aware of it, submit it.

As far as the "name of the people", if you are talking about on a trunk system like "My County SO" "Officer Bob Jones", no, it will not. If you set a wildcard for the RIDs and set the display to show RIDs, record the names for the RIDs and program the software with your findings. Then it will.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
The software and scanner all depend on local people submitting corrections and additions to the RR database. If there is something missing or wrong and you are aware of it, submit it.

As far as the "name of the people", if you are talking about on a trunk system like "My County SO" "Officer Bob Jones", no, it will not. If you set a wildcard for the RIDs and set the display to show RIDs, record the names for the RIDs and program the software with your findings. Then it will.

Ok cause most of the peoples scanners I have seen say like Frostproof Fire,Frostproof Police, Lakeland EMS...stuff like that...so mine will just show the numbers not like I was just saying right ...I will have to save that my self??

IowaGuy1603

Ok cause most of the peoples scanners I have seen say like Frostproof Fire,Frostproof Police, Lakeland EMS...stuff like that...so mine will just show the numbers not like I was just saying right ...I will have to save that my self??

The Alpha tags will be what are listed in the RR database. You can however edit those to fit what you like to read.

Also RR has weekly updates to the database that you can download to your computer then transfer to your scanner. If you have edited the Alpha Tags on your scanner you might loose that information if you are not careful in how you update.

Status
Not open for further replies.