• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

psr500 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hello, i will be buying AT LEAST a case for my psr500 with my "economic stimulus" check, so i was just wondering if you guys could make me a list of places that sells a case for this scanner. and then maybe give me your opinion of the case you bought....
thanks!

raisindot

ScanTheFreqs said:
hello, i will be buying AT LEAST a case for my psr500 with my "economic stimulus" check, so i was just wondering if you guys could make me a list of places that sells a case for this scanner. and then maybe give me your opinion of the case you bought....
thanks!
Read the thread that the initial responder provided. I bought the Likase, and I think it's great. I didn't want to spend $40 for the hard case, and I wanted one that used the 500's belt clip rather than added a separate tail to it. I also wanted one that had a plastic cover over the display. The Likase fits all of criteria. It does need a bit of surgery to get the scanner to stand up with it in (read the thread).

I know that Scannermaster offers a cheaper non-hard case as well. Haven't seen it in person, but I would imagine it would fit the bill as well. Nice thing about these cases is that the manufacturers really do seem to care about making it fit the scanner; it's not some generic ipod like thing.

Suzie

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah i read it, great info! i want leather and belt clips dont mean much to me and my situation, so lilkase is looking pretty good....
i just want someting that looks professional and will prevent the case from getting scratched when it gets dropped, i wouldnt mind have a plastic screen over the whole keypad but that also is not a necessity

can anyone comment on how strong the snap on the lilkase is?

Last edited:

emscapt9816

Lilkase for the PSR-500

The snap is secure. I'm very happy with the whole case. Hint: place a felt dot over the snap on the inside of the case to prevent scratching.

raisindot

ScanTheFreqs said:
yeah i read it, great info! i want leather and belt clips dont mean much to me and my situation, so lilkase is looking pretty good....
i just want someting that looks professional and will prevent the case from getting scratched when it gets dropped, i wouldnt mind have a plastic screen over the whole keypad but that also is not a necessity

can anyone comment on how strong the snap on the lilkase is?
I don't think the Likase is leather--think it's vinyl, if that makes a difference for you. It doesn't for me.
Also, I don't think the Likase will protect against damage if it's dropped--it's more of a skinlike thing than a hard, protective cover, but it definitely should protect against scratching. I carry my PSR to work in a notebook bag with a lot of other stuff jostling against it and have never had a problem.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.