PSR500 LCD Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

miata54

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone reference me a source picture, or just specific knowledge, of a 500 LCD Icon ident display? I've run across two icons that I don't know what they reference. Both are in the bottom row. One is just right of center and looks like a lightning bolt, from one o'clock to seven o'clock. The other is a small letter "i" (without quotes), that has occasionally appeared in the same row but over to the right hand edge of the screen.

Also, on the scanner face, there is a small red LED on the right hand side between the PRI & WX buttons.

These aren't identified in the owners manual.

Thx

Chris

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can anyone reference me a source picture, or just specific knowledge, of a 500 LCD Icon ident display? I've run across two icons that I don't know what they reference. Both are in the bottom row. One is just right of center and looks like a lightning bolt, from one o'clock to seven o'clock. The other is a small letter "i" (without quotes), that has occasionally appeared in the same row but over to the right hand edge of the screen.

Also, on the scanner face, there is a small red LED on the right hand side between the PRI & WX buttons.

These aren't identified in the owners manual.

Thx

Chris

i = ICALL
The lightning bolt indicates a received signal.

n9zas

W6KRU

The lightning bolt indicates a received CTCSS/DCS/NAC. If the lightning bolt is preceded by a"S" it indicates you have programmed the tone for Search.

See this link.

Last edited:

DonS

That's not an LED. It's the "Skywarn" symbol. Pressing FUNC WX enters Skywarn mode (which really just scans the objects you've placed in the special Skywarn scan list).

Status
Not open for further replies.