PSREdit vs. Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

I've used the Win9x products forever. Just for kicks I downloaded PSREdit ... it looks identical to Win500. Is there any significant difference?

mikey60

ch40n1k said:
I've used the Win9x products forever. Just for kicks I downloaded PSREdit ... it looks identical to Win500. Is there any significant difference?

I wouldn't say they look identical. There are similarities since they both pretty much do the same function.

They both do the same basic functions, so it's up to personal preference which is best for you.

Mike

ch40n1k

mikey60 said:
I wouldn't say they look identical. There are similarities since they both pretty much do the same function.

They both do the same basic functions, so it's up to personal preference which is best for you.

Mike

Sorry about that ... Yes, they look very similar. That's what I was getting at ...... that and what the major difference are when it comes to overall functionality, if any.

mikey60

ch40n1k said:
Sorry about that ... Yes, they look very similar. That's what I was getting at ...... that and what the major difference are when it comes to overall functionality, if any.

I haven't looked at Win500 for quite some time, so I really don't know... From what I've read though, I guess the biggest difference would be the remote control/monitor via the Internet that Win500 has.

Both have computer control from a computer attached to the radio, but Don extended his to allow control and monitoring over the Internet...

Beyond that, I don't know..

Mike

DonS

Win500 has the following functions/features that (I think - someone can correct me if I'm wrong) aren't in any other PSR-500/600 software...

Related to monitoring/control:
* Remote (i.e. Internet) monitoring and control, as mentioned previously. Using my TCPMux program, you can have multiple client connections to a single radio server.
* Activity logging
* Audio recording
* Internal updating of hit counts beyond radio's limit
* Internal auto-creation of new TGRP objects from Wildcard hits

Miscellaneous:
* "Notes" field for every object. Can be filled with data when downloading from RR, date/time of individual hits, and/or user text. Of course, this data isn't sent to the radio - it's within Win500 only. I primarily use it as a reference when renaming TGRPs after RR imports, where the imported "Alpha Tag" isn't descriptive enough.
* Configurable user interface (e.g. show/hide columns, re-order columns, etc.)

Things Win500 does not do that (I think) other software may do:
* Printing

The above lists aren't comprehensive comparisons.

mikey60

DonS said:
Win500 has the following functions/features that (I think - someone can correct me if I'm wrong) aren't in any other PSR-500/600 software...

Related to monitoring/control:
* Remote (i.e. Internet) monitoring and control, as mentioned previously. Using my TCPMux program, you can have multiple client connections to a single radio server.
* Activity logging
* Audio recording
* Internal updating of hit counts beyond radio's limit
* Internal auto-creation of new TGRP objects from Wildcard hits

Miscellaneous:
* "Notes" field for every object. Can be filled with data when downloading from RR, date/time of individual hits, and/or user text. Of course, this data isn't sent to the radio - it's within Win500 only. I primarily use it as a reference when renaming TGRPs after RR imports, where the imported "Alpha Tag" isn't descriptive enough.
* Configurable user interface (e.g. show/hide columns, re-order columns, etc.)

Things Win500 does not do that (I think) other software may do:
* Printing

The above lists aren't comprehensive comparisons.

Sounds about right. I don't have any printing in PSREdit500 either, other than an export of the bank tags...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.