PSRS and 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First time most so please be patient 😀. I have a 396T using firmware 3.02.02 I updated recently. I have programmed in PSRS / south sound 911 as a Motorola P25 and see it as ID 01E7H site 102. The radio sees the data channels and lists the talk group however I can't get audio or it to follow the control channel. Any suggestions? On the control channel I can see the talkgroups I'm looking g for such as 40282 (Puyallup PD) but am not getting anything else.

I have extensive expierence with KC Moto system so I do understand trunking 😀

Last edited:
SS911

Is the 396T not capable of decoding on SS911? I just updated mine and it follows the control channel but no audio or following talk groups.

Last edited:

jparks29

John McClane
SS911 is phase2, 396t only supports phase1.

It will not work for that system.

For someone who 'understands trunking', not knowing the basics of TDMA vs FDMA/CQPSK ie Phase 1 v Phase 2, makes your statement invalid.

Last edited:

patkitch

Welcome to the forums! I have the same dilemma as you, but just ordered a new scanner to able to listen to SS911. Glad to know others listen to pierce county sites.

rwier

Silly question here, but have you heard anything on this scanner? Analoge, or maybe a weather channel. It has been a while since the subject has come up (old scanner), but the 396T was notorious for "speaker failure". Test the scanner with earphones to confirm main speaker failure.

Before you make snap judgments that I don't know anything maybe you should check my background. It would have been much more helpful to say it was Phase 2, which I had not known. I was hot aware if the 396 had phase 2 capability and found nothing in it'd firmware notes. I used to use the KC analog trunk as an operator in depth and taught how it worked to an entire staff in my agency and know it better than most people. I completely understand TDMA and FDMA and find your comments uncalled for.

jparks29

John McClane
Before you make snap judgments that I don't know anything maybe you should check my background. It would have been much more helpful to say it was Phase 2, which I had not known. I was hot aware if the 396 had phase 2 capability and found nothing in it'd firmware notes. I used to use the KC analog trunk as an operator in depth and taught how it worked to an entire staff in my agency and know it better than most people. I completely understand TDMA and FDMA and find your comments uncalled for.

So, as an 'operator in depth', Ie a button pusher, that doesn't really qualify you as 'understanding trunking'...

A 2 second search would have indicated that the 396 does not support TDMA, and that SS911 is TDMA, hell, there's even a WARNING on the top of the page that says you need a compatible scanner since few scanners support TDMA..

Here is a link to phase 2 scanners that will work on both systems....

Digital P25 Phase II Scanners

The home patrol 2 is probably your best bet if you want plug and play options...

Anyway, you have your answer, Mr. Matteson.

Status
Not open for further replies.