• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Psssst! Wanna buy a used 747, cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
*sigh*

Yes, and it takes all the fun out of it when that is pointed out. Besides, that has nothing to do with the scrap 47's being sold ...

Last edited:

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
af5rn said:
LIAR!! ITS ON THE INTERNET SO IT HAS TO BE REAL!!!!111
LOL "!!!111"
I would love to buy a whole metal shell of a 747 thats been gutted when I can get a decent house for $100 grand, sarcasm
whatever floats ur "747"

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The drawing of the home with wings for a roof is real. I saw a show on the History Channel once about scrapyards and they showed the couple who is building the house choosing a set from an almost-gone 747, and shipping them to the site.

It is not uncommon for people to do odd things with old airliners. I guy in Georgia bought a 727 and turned it into a house. I know of a restaraunt in France (I think) that is located in an old Airbus A320. Wings from larger jets have been used as awnings for gas stations. Most notably, a person in Florida turned an old Boeing Stratocruiser piston airliner from the '50s into a boat. In fact, I was thinking of making a restaraunt here in town from an old 747. Those things are very usefull for odd stuff like that.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
kd5dga said:
Look at all the cash you could make out of it if 747 was cut down for scrap!
They already do that. Your Coke can might have been a 737 at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.