• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

My local EMS uses PTT IDs to allow them to Ident a unit while transmitting. I have my ASTRO Spectra set up to scan all of there frequencies and can hear them all 100%, however I do not see any form of ID number on my display when they are transmitting. I know that you have to have a table built for a "common name" to appear and i will build that myself. but what I cannot figure out is how to even get ANY numbers to show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using a high power radio with a W4 control head and the latest CPS.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Unfortunately, once you get ptt-id working (if they're using MDC) you won't be able alias the id's to names. The Astro Spectra does not support call aliasing. You'll need an Astro25 radio or newer.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Post the flashcode of the radio.

Here is all of the information for the radio

Model No: T99DX+091W_ASTRO
Serial No: 412CFA0707
ID No: T04KLF9PW4AN
MFG Code 500001-000000-8

ASTRO Spectra CPS
Version R05.03.00

MattSR

You need to enable "Digital ID Display"

Its under Radio Configuration > Display & Menu > PTT ID Tab.

Tick ID Display, and Scan ID Display.

Also, you haven't stated if they are using MDC or ASTRO for the PTT ID. Either way you will need to have the correct form of signalling configured in each channel.

Cheers,
Matt

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
You need to enable "Digital ID Display"

Its under Radio Configuration > Display & Menu > PTT ID Tab.

Tick ID Display, and Scan ID Display.

Also, you haven't stated if they are using MDC or ASTRO for the PTT ID. Either way you will need to have the correct form of signalling configured in each channel.

Cheers,
Matt

I already had ID Display, Scan ID Display and Analog Trunking ID Display checked

As for the signaling how do I find out what they are using? I do know that when they key I hear a noise/tone that sounds similar to the preamble heard when using crypto in military circuits.

In my current code plug when I go to Conventional Personality #> Signaling> in the 'Signaling' Type drop box I only have the option for 'MDC'. When I select that the 'System Number:' box activates and the number one is in there.

I don't have any experience with Signaling and would greatly appreciate any help!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Do you know what type of radios they are using?

That would give you a clue as to what form of signalling they're using. If your radio isn't decoding it now, there's a good chance it will never decode it.

Kenwood's Fleetsync sounds a lot like MDC signalling but can't be decoded.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what type of radios they are using?

That would give you a clue as to what form of signalling they're using. If your radio isn't decoding it now, there's a good chance it will never decode it.

Kenwood's Fleetsync sounds a lot like MDC signalling but can't be decoded.

They are using Motorola radios. The only radio I have seen in person is a Motorola XTL-2500 installed in an ambulance. This is a recent upgrade and I do not know what from. I'm pretty sure they've been using Motorola for awhile.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
They are using Motorola radios. The only radio I have seen in person is a Motorola XTL-2500 installed in an ambulance. This is a recent upgrade and I do not know what from. I'm pretty sure they've been using Motorola for awhile.

I went through this exact same problem with my departments XTS1500's and XTL2500's. Turned out that the MDC decode option was not included in the flashcode for these particular radios.

You need to check the flashcode, either read the radio or on the portable remove the battery it should be listed as flashport and looks like this 100001-000000-7. Once you have that number go here

Motorola Flashcode Decoder

This will list the options flashed into the radio

I went through this exact same problem with my departments XTS1500's and XTL2500's. Turned out that the MDC decode option was not included in the flashcode for these particular radios.

You need to check the flashcode, either read the radio or on the portable remove the battery it should be listed as flashport and looks like this 100001-000000-7. Once you have that number go here

Motorola Flashcode Decoder

This will list the options flashed into the radio

He has already posted the flashcode several posts above yours. His flashcode supports digital ID display, however he still has be be sure of what signaling is being used.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
IIRC you also need to enable MDC signalling in the personaility as well or display ID will not work. You can still disable PTT ID if you don't need it, but MDC must be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.