PulsePoint App Live for Poudre Fire Authority in Fort Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
Additional Call Types

While this app is intended to get people notified of the need for CPR/AED, they also include the ability to be notified of other incident types such as:
Structure Fire
Confirmed Structure Fire
Vegetation Fire
Confirmed Vegetation Fire
Vehicle Accident
Expanded Vehicle Accident
Technical Rescues
Hazardous Materials Response
Water Rescue
News
CERT
Disaster

Based on a recent incident here in Fort Collins/Larimer County, it would be great if they would add the Explosion call type also. :)

Another nice feature of this app...it includes a list of all units assigned to the call, and their current status (Enroute, OnScene, Transporting, etc.), plus the ability to tap on the call and have it show exactly where on a map, very handy for people like me who still don't know where things are after 5+ years of living here!

So far, I'm noticing that the calls are alerting my phone exactly when the units are being dispatched over the air. The CAD interface seems spot on in real time (which is kind of the point with the CPR/AED notification.)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Only 2 departments in Colorado that I'm aware of; Arvada and Fort Collins.

Jim<

Kevin_N

The irony with this is amazing. PFA thinks it's good for citizens to know what's going on and FCPD thinks it's a very bad thing. Hmm...........

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
It's a pretty cool app I have to say. I applaud PFA and Arvada for providing the feeds.

As a clarification, they provide the CAD feeds to PulsePoint, but the radio feeds included in the App are actually Broadcastify.com feeds that are provided by volunteers such as myself, not affiliated with the agency. :)

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
As a clarification, they provide the CAD feeds to PulsePoint, but the radio feeds included in the App are actually Broadcastify.com feeds that are provided by volunteers such as myself, not affiliated with the agency. :)

Appreciate the time, effort, and scanners you have going for Larimer County! Fun fact, Arvada Fire and EMS is actually provided by ArvadaFire. I don't think they went through the whole Official Feeds Designation Application Process to get it listed as an official feed for whatever reason (possibly weren't advised of the process).

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the time, effort, and scanners you have going for Larimer County! Fun fact, Arvada Fire and EMS is actually provided by ArvadaFire. I don't think they went through the whole Official Feeds Designation Application Process to get it listed as an official feed for whatever reason (possibly weren't advised of the process).

Thank you Spitfire8520! I should have clarified, "most" of the feeds are provided by normal volunteer people and not agencies. :lol:

rfburns

Vail Public Safety Communications Center (VPSCC) is a player for CPR only.

nathancarlson

Thanks for the info on that app! I have checked it out! Although I only travel to Fort Collins about once a month, it will be helpful to have a heads up for traffic accidents and other emergencies in the City that I can't hear because of the Police Channels being encrypted. That is one way to help provide useful information to the public! I hope other agencies will come on board, especially those who don't allow the public to listen to their radio traffic like Estes Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.