pulsepoint app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
This little app is pretty nifty, it is coordinated through area dispatch centers and when somebody calls 911 for choking or cardiac arrest event it sends out an alert to anybody who is cpr trained (and signed up) so it lessens the time from sudden cardiac arrest to time of compressions. Another cool feature is that you can see all the active incidents going on in that area, so it is a pretty cool tool when used in conjunction with or without scanner.

wdz

Feed Provider
As silly as it sounds, I wish that they had a PC version of this. We're using it in a com center to monitor fire and ems runs to our facility but I'm having to do it by emulating Android. The browser version isn't reliable enough to run 24/7 nor does it auto update.

gtaman

As silly as it sounds, I wish that they had a PC version of this. We're using it in a com center to monitor fire and ems runs to our facility but I'm having to do it by emulating Android. The browser version isn't reliable enough to run 24/7 nor does it auto update.

I believe you can use google chrome and set it to refresh every 20 or so seconds. It's called auto refresh or something.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

I run it 24/7 on 2 PCs with no problems, using the Google Chrome Auto Refresh Plus 2.0.6.

One thing though, they promote this to allow people to lend aid but they don't include the address of the EMS runs, so it's useless for this purpose. Great to follow fire and traffic runs though.

ibagli

One thing though, they promote this to allow people to lend aid but they don't include the address of the EMS runs, so it's useless for this purpose.

I think CPR notifications include the address.

mibzzer15

I run it 24/7 on 2 PCs with no problems, using the Google Chrome Auto Refresh Plus 2.0.6.

One thing though, they promote this to allow people to lend aid but they don't include the address of the EMS runs, so it's useless for this purpose. Great to follow fire and traffic runs though.

They don't include the address in the initial screen showing dispatches, but if you look at the map, the pin is right on the location of the incident.

WuLabsWuTecH

They hide the address for privacy reasons, but for a CPR or something like that, supposedly the address does show up. I've never seen it used for that purpose though as of yet. It's more of a glorified scanner/stripped MDT right now than anything.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
At the dispatch center where I work, we utilize the pulsepoint app, when we put the call into CAD we have to put it in as a different call type then just an EMS call so it goes out to the app. From what I have heard, they have already had a save from it.

wdz

Feed Provider
I believe you can use google chrome and set it to refresh every 20 or so seconds. It's called auto refresh or something.

I've tried that, but not had much luck with that particular PC being able to run Chrome for days on end without crashing. Also the android app is much easier on the eyes from across the room then the webpage version. Even if you up the text size it's still white text on a light gray background.

Status
Not open for further replies.