• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PulsePoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor of mine was telling me of a App called PulsePoint that is available for the Smart Phone (not sure on Apple). Currently Arvada Fire is on this app, there are others city's from other States that use it.

You have check boxes on what you want to receive notification on, also on bottom screen it logs the Incidents and give a map of it and who responding.

Free app, might want to check it out. Look for the heart symbol.

Last edited:

dw2872

Premium Subscriber
I have it on my iPhone. It is such a useful app! Too bad Arvada FD is the only agency in Colorado to feed their data into it...

mibzzer15

Premium Subscriber
Made by a fire department employee right here in Alameda County in California. It is a very cool and useful app especially for us scanner enthusiasts!

Also Poudre Fire in Fort Collins is on it.

Probably old news. Just saw the date the thread started.

Glad about South Metro.

Any idea if Littleton will join?

Anyone seeing South Metro / Metcom in the PulsePoint app yet? Just checked and they don't appear to be live just yet. Hopefully soon.

Spitfire8520

Premium Subscriber
I have South Metro on mine now. Is West Metro a new addition as well?

Certainly is. West Metro did not advertise it, but it looks like they went live at roughly the same time as South Metro.

In theory, Littleton and Evergreen are not far behind. It looks like all the Denver area agencies that are joining PulsePoint are all apart of JACC, so PulsePoint should has access to their calls as well.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
My Colorado agencies, so far

Arvada, Poudre Fire, South Metro, Vail Public Safety and West Metro.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
My Colorado agencies, so far

Arvada, Poudre Fire, South Metro, Vail Public Safety and West Metro.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.