Pulsepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

seh911

Feed Provider
Does anybody have any information as to why Pulsepoint is down for northcomm?

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Funny, I was just going to email you and ask the same thing! Looks like just North Comm agencies are down. I hope it's just a glitch.

seh911

Feed Provider
@Pulsepoint tweeted: "Internet issue locally. Currently being addressed. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Stringer619

News Photojournalist
Is there anyone "in the know" as to why Escondido Fire and Calfire are not part of PulsePoint? I understand each agency has their own agreements and choice if they want to be part of PulsePoint, but I'm looking for a specific reason. For example, HIPAA concerns or incompatible infrastructure.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
According to this City of Escondido release, they were/are planning to be part of PulsePoint.

Calfire would be nice too!

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I heard that Escondido will be soft launching on PulsePoint tomorrow, Feb 16th......

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there anyone "in the know" as to why Escondido Fire and Calfire are not part of PulsePoint? I understand each agency has their own agreements and choice if they want to be part of PulsePoint, but I'm looking for a specific reason. For example, HIPAA concerns or incompatible infrastructure.

I doubt that HIPAA has anything to do with it. HIPAA applies only to a patient’s medical records and other “PHI” (“Protected Health Information”), none of which should be going out over normal fire and PD frequencies, anyway.

I deleted PulsePoint as the constant alerts on my phone became annoying when I’m at work.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I see Escondido fire and noticed that Mirimar is also on Pulsepoint. Now just need Poway to join pulse point.

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
I deleted PulsePoint as the constant alerts on my phone became annoying when I’m at work.[/QUOTE]

Go into the menu and change your alert settings. The app can be set so it will not alert you.

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I deleted PulsePoint as the constant alerts on my phone became annoying when I’m at work.

Go into the menu and change your alert settings. The app can be set so it will not alert you.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try it!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
How can I toggle off all PP alerts at once, without having to go into the settings and uncheck and check 20 boxes every time I go to and come home from work?

I have to "force stop" the app to shut it up.

Paul

PaulNDaOC

For CalFire I'm going to guess its a funding issue that requires an expenditure that is not approved at the local level.

CAD isn't an issue since South Santa Clara FPD and Morgan Hill contract with CalFire (SCU Morgan Hill)

Status
Not open for further replies.