Win500: purchased but no key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArxFortis

I purchased Win500 back on Sep 18. I did not receive a key in my email. I emailed the address on the site (info@starrsoft.com), but have not received a response.

Has anyone else purchased Win500 recently and had trouble getting your key? Any suggestions towards resolution?

Thanks,

k6taz

Premium Subscriber
Win500 license key

I also purchased the license key for win500 and have not received it yet. Paid for it on October 10th. Sent an email on October 12th. Still have not heard back from anyone. Sent another email today. Fortunately I purchased through PayPal so I will be able fo file a dispute if needed. Would rather have the key though. I used the trial version and was extremely happy with it.

ArxFortis

I purchased on Sep 18. No Key. I ended up mailing a snail-mail letter to the Colorado address over a week ago. Still no key and the 30 day eval period is over. I've filed a dispute through paypal.

k6taz

Premium Subscriber
I have sent 4 emails to 2 different address and never received a reply. I have also filed a dispute through PayPal As well. I like the program but cannot use it since it has been way past the 30 day trial period. Once I get the refund think I’ll try psredit500. Looks like is the same program.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I suppose it's possible Don may be ill, in the hospital, or away on a family emergency. Let's hope not. There will probably be a resolvable explanation soon. Don has been around for a long time.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Here's an explanation from a few months back in another thread.

https://forums.radioreference.com/s...ware/365532-registration-key.html#post2974509

PayPal recently - around 28 Jun 2018 - changed some of their security settings. Their servers and my web hosting company are no longer playing nicely together, so WinXX keys are no longer generated automatically.

Credit card transactions - those that do not go through PayPal - are not affected.

I didn't discover this until this past weekend. As of this morning (31 Jul 2018), I've manually generated and sent keys for all affected transactions.

A couple of people tried registering again (vial PayPal) when they didn't immediately receive a key - those "extra" transactions have been refunded.

I apologize for the delays and lack of response to emails. My only defense (and it's not a very good one) is that I get so many "I lost my key" emails every week that my eyes glaze over when I see "WinXX" and "key" in a subject line... and I end up passing right over the email.

I've changed the "paypal" scripts on my site to do two things:
* warn that PayPal registrations might take a couple of days to get a key
* send me a very specific email telling me that I need to manually generate a key

Again, my apologies for the delays in getting keys sent and, especially, the lack of timely response to emails about those missing keys.

Scan125

For those awaiting a key and still have the expired 30 day trial version installed you could try Nirsofts "RunAsDate" utility.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

Please note! If it works there will be a downside in that any Win500 time stamps on files etc. will most probably not be correct.

sat0ri

Very frustrating. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that an activation key would have been automatically generated and sent to me. Waiting for mine as well.

k6taz

Premium Subscriber
tglendye, That does not explain why he has not responded to emails. You would think the paypal situation would have been fixed after 4 months.

k6taz

Premium Subscriber
Nothing yet from PayPal. Starrsoft has 3 more days to respond.

sat0ri

It's been 5 days now. No activation key and no reply to the emails I've sent to all 3 email addresses that I could find. Guess it's time to file a dispute with PayPal.

Scan125

Looking at the Starsoft website the Copyright is 2003-2014 and the last version of any of the products was Win500 dated 2015.04.06.

I also read words like "me" & "My day job" so this leads me to believe that Don Starr is an individual. It could be that Don has been taken seriously ill or even passed away. If this were/is the case then I doubt there is anybody able to act on his behalf, update his website or PayPal sales links and this is why people are not getting keys or any other response.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It could be that Don has been taken seriously ill or even passed away. If this were/is the case then I doubt there is anybody able to act on his behalf, update his website or PayPal sales links and this is why people are not getting keys or any other response.

Read post #10 in this same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.