pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrova

Anyone catch that high speed pursuit this afternoon around Richmond? State police clocks a guy at 95 on interstate 64. Turns on 288, then Broad Street, does a u-turn, to Pouncey Tract Road, another road then the get him finally by throwing the spikes. About a 15/20 minute chase.
What was really cool is I got it on my sportcat 180...saving my nickels for the GRE 500.
SV

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
mrova said:
Anyone catch that high speed pursuit this afternoon around Richmond? State police clocks a guy at 95 on interstate 64. Turns on 288, then Broad Street, does a u-turn, to Pouncey Tract Road, another road then the get him finally by throwing the spikes. About a 15/20 minute chase.
What was really cool is I got it on my sportcat 180...saving my nickels for the GRE 500.
SV

Yep I was listening to it in the woods (literally) in Prince George County near the Sussex line. I was walking my mom's property. They also had a pursuit in Division 3 of a rented Dodge but Division 3 broke off of it before it hit Division 1. I was listening to it on my PSR-500 on STARS Petersburg Site.

CVASSB

Yes, I heard the whole thing.

It started here in Fluvanna County. Our County Police started the purcuit,and I heard it on 159.0900. One of our County Cruisers was behind him for awhile,and I heard him say the car was going at a speed of 120 miles an hour at one point on 64. A shift officer told him to stop the pursuit. By this time I was turning on the State Police channels. A State trooper said he see's him coming. He went in pursuit of the vehicle. I heard them say notify Goochland. They where talking on the STARS frequency 159.975 for awhile. The car ended up getting off 64, and went down Broad Street in Richmond,or Henrico. Around this time it sounded like one of those Police chases you hear on TV. The guy was driving down the wrong way on some streets. Then the State Police,and a Henrico police cruiser where in pursuit of him. The guy then headed into a residential zone,and they caught,and arrested him. At some point they put spikes out,and the guy had a flat tire,but he kept going. I had about four scanners on,and I heard them relay it to the State Police up here in Division 3,and I heard our Fluvanna dispatch tell the officers that the guy was caught. There may have been more people in that guys car. By then everything probably went to telephone. I wonder what that guy had in his possession. If someone finds out,please let me know. There have been many burglaries here in Fluvanna County. CVASSB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.