• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PVE PD and tone/P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

I listen to Palos Verdes Estates PD since I live there. I'm getting different things back on my 396xt. The system data base say the 506.375 is running a dcs205 tone. When I listen to that I get good recp of the dispatch, but didital garble for the car/ht units. It sounds like LAPD garble. the scanner will display P25, or ECS. I try different settings, but nothing really is good for both side of the conversation. If this is a P25 system how do I manually set the scanner to correctly work it. Is it NFM? I try different settings but FreeScan changes it around, like I cant have DCS and Auto mode, or All audio type, I get analog only.
Any Ideas?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Database Admin
Just gave a listen --- They indeed seem to be P25 now with a NAC293, however some units are encrypted.

Your tax dollars hard at work......

Related, PVE recently started using a new transmitter site in Torrance (courtesy of South Bay RCC) so I suppose its all part of a broader system upgrade.

tkenny53

Well that makes better sence. Now just need to reconfigure it. I do get the patrol units time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.