• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PX UV9R

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin3coln

HI, I just joined RR.com and am impressed by the volume of most diverse nature on this site!

I just received my above radio which came from RadioGearPro hong kong, who gave me the software site at Puxing, which was downloaded ok.

When I plug in cable [usb prologic] used on all my Baofeng, and when I try to read from radio or write to it the programme cannot link up with the radio? Comports are correct.

Kindly could someone advise what to do? I have tried to push the cable twin plug as hard as possible and also switched radio on and off each time retrying to connect: no luck so far.

Also downloaded 2 other software supposed to work but with same issue, using windows 8.1 or maybe should I try on a win XP rather?

Must I therefore end up having to order a Puxing specific cable!

I have entered manually a vhf freq in VFO A and uhf freq in VFO B, then put Repeater function to on, it works for a while then after a few minutes the radio locks into transmit mode emitting a continous tone. it becomes very hot and has to be switched off to work normal again for a while...very odd, I might have done something wrong?

When I first switched on the radio I reset all freq and channels.

Thanks for your help.

Francois.

?

lin3coln

.Its me again, no one has offered any help yet, am awaiting another kenwood type,cable on back order.
Have erased, reset uv9r and only entered 2 frequencies on vfo a and b and put repeater function to on and duplex to on and this works in crossband repeating, the main reason I got this radio in first place.
I still wish to programme it via software for Marine band, PMR and also enabling the repeater optoion when needed on weekends...
My existing prolific cable which works on all my baofeng cannot work in win 8, as per Radioshop888 hk who sold me my radios. Maybe thats why the puxing cannot link up for some reason?
Lin3coln.

KD8DVR

.Its me again, no one has offered any help yet, am awaiting another kenwood type,cable on back order.
Have erased, reset uv9r and only entered 2 frequencies on vfo a and b and put repeater function to on and duplex to on and this works in crossband repeating, the main reason I got this radio in first place.
I still wish to programme it via software for Marine band, PMR and also enabling the repeater optoion when needed on weekends...
My existing prolific cable which works on all my baofeng cannot work in win 8, as per Radioshop888 hk who sold me my radios. Maybe thats why the puxing cannot link up for some reason?
Lin3coln.

You must have a "cloned" Prolific chip in your cable... you MUST use an older driver than the one Windows installs! The PX-UV973 Yahoo group is made for this radio... the uv9r is the same radio. You need to use a 3.2.0.0 version driver. Anything more recent will crash. also, you should use the same USB port each time.

Hopefully this helps.

lin3coln

Hi John, thnx, am using old driver well with BF UV5's.
Still no go with PX uv9r.
last cable from Expertradio a flop, as soon as BF or PX plugged in they go into transmit mode.
Had good close up look either usb dongle is crosswired or not the cable at all for these radios...their ref :
model TW-PCMKN1U PCK1003 AND THE SOFTWARE CD: V13.04.01
hAVE RESORTED TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAMME PX ON KEYPAD, SO THINGS ARE LOOKING UP, ALSO MANAGED TO GET THE fm RADIO WORKING WAS AN ISSUE WITH DW on off option, once I put it to off, when pressing menu and side 2 switch FM appears for scanning now.
Other question, I want to use the PX to remotely rx and tx my FT857D, is it possible with or without an interphase? thanks pointing me in right forum or other.

Rgds Francois
3B8GY

KD8DVR

The same config as your Baofeng should work... odd it doesn't... with your 857, I'm unsure of what u r asking... need to be more detailed.

Hi John, thnx, am using old driver well with BF UV5's.
Still no go with PX uv9r.
last cable from Expertradio a flop, as soon as BF or PX plugged in they go into transmit mode.
Had good close up look either usb dongle is crosswired or not the cable at all for these radios...their ref :
model TW-PCMKN1U PCK1003 AND THE SOFTWARE CD: V13.04.01
hAVE RESORTED TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAMME PX ON KEYPAD, SO THINGS ARE LOOKING UP, ALSO MANAGED TO GET THE fm RADIO WORKING WAS AN ISSUE WITH DW on off option, once I put it to off, when pressing menu and side 2 switch FM appears for scanning now.
Other question, I want to use the PX to remotely rx and tx my FT857D, is it possible with or without an interphase? thanks pointing me in right forum or other.

Rgds Francois
3B8GY

lin3coln

Hello John,
The UV9R is presently crossbanding perfectly, my priority.
The Yaesu FT857D I use as base station, want to know how to use a UV5R to listen to HF and also transmit using the HT to remotely access the HF rig; when in range.
Radioshop888.HK has a radiotone interphase for accessing Skype, via a HT and PC, was wondering if a homebrew kit exists to do it with a TX RX radio on HF.
Thanks your ideas.

Francois.

KD8DVR

Hello John,
The UV9R is presently crossbanding perfectly, my priority.
The Yaesu FT857D I use as base station, want to know how to use a UV5R to listen to HF and also transmit using the HT to remotely access the HF rig; when in range.
Radioshop888.HK has a radiotone interphase for accessing Skype, via a HT and PC, was wondering if a homebrew kit exists to do it with a TX RX radio on HF.
Thanks your ideas.

Francois.

OK...I understand what you want to do. Never tried. But I kind of see you want a "remote base" type deal. I'm sure it can be done; but I honestly don't have experienc in that area.

lin3coln

Thanks John.
IAM HAPPY WITH THE px CROSSBANDING U TO V AND V TO U.

As for V to HF, shall be trying to connect a cable from BF UV5R mic in to HF ext sp out and then placeing HF rig on Vox operation with its Mic taped up to the UV5R speaker and have a go at it...never know might just work?
Keep well,

Frfancois.

lin3coln

last news... the PX UV9R does not transmit voice anymore when pressing the PTT button on its side, it transmits a carrier which is well received by the other radios in range but no voice sound. I plugged in a remote speaker mic and that works perfectly. I suspect a loose connections inside the built in mic?

Yr suggestion please...the repeater function still works perfectly too!

Thanks Francois.

Status
Not open for further replies.