• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pyramid svr200 Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjthomas59

I'm looking for a substitute brand for the Pyramid BPF-1604 Pre-selector. The local shop wants about $260 bucks for one. I had one that I thought would work but it was originally tuned for pretty low in the band and i'm needing it retuned for the higher end of the band.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this? The factory tune was for 150.xxxmhz but I'm needing something closer to 158.xxxmhz and the local shop is saying that they can't get it to retune that high.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

mjthomas59

Does anyone have thoughts on using just the rx side of a tuned mobile duplexer? I'm wondering if that would work... I'm looking at a minimum of 3.2mhz spread with most of it being closer to 5+mhz.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.