• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Q361/G361 and 3600 Baud Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmulder13

Hello All,

Would a radio with the following features included in its flashcode work on a 3600 baud mixed-mode system, or will it only work on 9600 baud systems?

Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H868/W969 Multikey Operation
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361 Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)

It sounds like a stupid question, but I haven't been able to come up with a square answer yet.

XTS3000

With those options, you can use it on a 3600 analog only system, 3600 mixed mode system, and 9600 system.

fmulder13

Someone on another forum mentioned limited feature set and bad audio doing 3600 baud with that sort of feature set. Any truth to that?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
9600 only works on (exceptions, but generally) the XTL/XTS aka the ASTRO25 line of radios, and the current APX.

There is an ASTRO Spectra+ that will work on 9600 systems, and IIRC you could do it on a 800MHz XTS3000 with a certain firmware revision.

The XTS/XTL2500 required(?) the 3600/9600 flashcode option if you needed both, the 5000 did not (if you had 9600, it should do 3600. I want to say a FW revision in the 2500 might have changed that, but I never had to deal or needed that option in my 2500's. It was awhile ago when they did certain enhancements to the 2500 series.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Someone on another forum mentioned limited feature set and bad audio doing 3600 baud with that sort of feature set. Any truth to that?

I can concur. I have an XTS3K flashed with HOST R6.72 9600 baud f/w. Works great on 9600 SZ systems, but poorly on Smartnet. Fortunately, Smartnet is going away and there is only one county left here (and they are in the process of upgrading to phase 2).

But yes, audio "holes", no ID display.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Due to the memory limitations, a bunch of stuff had to be removed to get 9600 to fit. I know there are ASTRO Spectra's (not plus's) that had it done at the depot for a customer, but I don't have all the details of that.

Either way, you really need to look to an ASTRO25 series radio for everything to work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.