• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

QCII Motorola XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFD1272006

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask about setting QCII on the XTS5000. Back a few years one of the ambulance corps where i volunteered had HT1000 and we used them as our radio and pager. You would be able to use the ABC selector switch as to switch from alerting to tones as A setting was to keep radio on alert for tones AB/AC and was known as the On Duty Alert and was silent until there was a call out. If you switch the switch to the B setting which was the Off Duty Alert it would keep radio silent and only Alert for AC tones as that was known as our All Call and i believe C was scan or i believe it was the ABAC alert and was set to listen to all traffic on that channel.

I was looking for a way to do the same for the XTS5000 and still haven't found a way to do that in the selections for the switch personality. Does anyone know if it's possible to do it with the 5000 or no because i know that the 5000 is very complex on what you can program it to do.

SCPD

QRT
switch personality.

Switches aren't associated with a personality. Nomenclature is important in this business. Switches are assigned a function.

I haven't played with QCII in some time, but... you have to create your QCII system (set tones) then associate that QCII system to a conventional personality. Next, configure the QCII options in the conventional personality (selective call decode, unmute rules, etc.) Finally, you create a conventional channel associated with the QCII conventional personality. You could create any number of personalities associated with different QCII system configurations as each QCII system allows up to four tone sets (duty, all-call, whatever).

I believe you can scan multiple QCII associated conventional personalities, but I'm sure this isn't recommended as one risks missing a critical tone.

Simply put, the function is no longer associated with the ABC switch as it was in the HT1000 days. You strap all this stuff to conventional personalities instead.

MFD1272006

Thanks triptolemus for clearing the switch function that the xts5000 doesn't do like the ht1000 did, I was looking forward to do that but All well not a biggy.

I did do what you told me prior to your response, I have my qcII on my zone 1 channel 4 and have set the personality for it as well and everything that I have to do, I set the decode to selective call decode and set the unmute type to And , I wanted to see if it would work and was anticipating the radio to go off when I had to make a department announcement for a drill that we are doing this Sunday and when I set the tones off on our tone encoder nothing happened with the radio going off. Do I have to set it to selective call decode or call alert decode?.

CommJunkie

If you make 3 different personalities with the desired QCII configurations, and name them all the same thing (like "dispatch") and make 3 banks, put all the dispatch channels in the same spot in each bank (like on channel 1) and have the ABC switch set to switch banks, you can create the illusion of being on the same channel with 3 different QCII options, when in reality it is switching between 3 channels.

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.