"Quck Call"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmonroe08

JD308
I am an avid listener of many Police, Fire, and EMS agencies in my area of Western NY. Lately I have noticed that in Allegany County the police have recently started using the phrase "Quick Call" when contacting the Dispatcher. Not always but often. For example they may something a long the line of "4-A 14 Belmont, Quick Call" and then give a CID number or sometimes a license plate, and even an address at times. Other times that's all they say. I was hoping that there was someone out there that would be able to enlighten me as to what this term is code for. More and more police from multiple agencies have adopted this phrase and I has been bugging me that no one I have talked to in law enforcement seems to know what they mean and I don't know any Police in that county otherwise I would just ask one of them. It has been really bugging me. If anyone out there can answer this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's a CAD term that basically refers to an incident that is created by the officer vs by the dispatcher, and requires very minimal information in the CAD system. Traffic stops are the most common examples of a Quick Call incident, although other incidents such as traffic accidents witnessed by the officer can also be created as a Quick Call. Most CAD systems allow Quick Calls to be converted into full CAD incidents should that be necessary.

mmonroe08

JD308
I had a feeling that it had something to do with the CAD system. I appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.