• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Question About A Raw Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4CYA

Guys & Ladies,
I bought a Icom 706 orginal in use condition that was stated from the owner that was selling the radio, when I got the radio he didnt tell me the microphone was broke and taped, the radio was modded to pick up the 11 meter frequencies, im not sure if the radio was working on 2 meters and I opened the radio up to see if anything was burnt or smelt like it, I saw the finals with a little to meduim size burn mark in the middle of it. So i guess the finals wore about to blow or fry. So I email the guy about the problem he said send the radio back, and he told me he didnt know he had to tell me everything that was wrong with the radio and the accesssories. I sent the radio back to him, and so far all I keep getting in the emails that he's gonna send me my money weekend after weekend? but so far nothing has come. What can I do? I just want my money back or he can buy me a icom 706.

He keeps coming up with excuses like, he's been busy or like working really hard and going to college? He had almost 2 1/2 months to give me my money back to do half money now and half money later im all for that I havent heard a word from him in like 2 weeks. I just want to know if he's gonna give me my money back or buy me another radio. Im about tired of waiting for him to come around and say something
Thanks Jamie (Git-R-Done)

Last edited:

mike_webb59

He's not coming around. After two months, I betcha he has no intentions of making things right.

Did you pay by cash or check? If you paid by check, you can stop payment (for a fee). The stop payment is good for six months and will certainly "speed things up."

There are criminal statutes that would apply to internet crimes, transactions that cross state lines, and transactions that are in excess of an amount ($200?). You may even dial your PD's non-emergency number and see if they would consider this a fraud.

If you used a credit card, dispute the transaction period.

If you were asked to mail a check or money order and not through paypal or a credit card, the transaction may fall under the scrutiny of mail fraud. Contact your local Post Office or go to theirwebsite for details.

HTH, Mike

N4CYA

Sounds like it to me also, I dont think he has plans to do whats right and send me my money back to me, its not that hard to do. I sent him a post office money order of $450. He's an amateur radio operator in tennesse and he lives about 2 hours away from me, because I looked up his call sign to see if he has moved or not like he told me did. Im gonna call USPS and see what they say I could do about it and talk to the police department and see what they can do for me. because I want my money back or something. Hopefully this will get solved. Jamie (Git-R-Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.