Question about HP-2 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I have an HP-1.
I ordered an HP-2
My question is this:

Can I just use the same sentinel program and load Philadelphia (Phase II) into it, or does it somehow need to ID that the radio is Phase II compatible?
Asking because using the PRO-18 software, for example, it will not load Phase II systems nor will it load some 500 MHZ or 700 Mhz systems, you have to force it, although the scanner now scans those systems (guessing it did not on the first firmware).

Or do I somehow need to tell the sentinel program that I am using a HP-2. I note that when I do clear all and reload, it comes up with the ESN of my current radio on the SD card.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have an HP-1.
I ordered an HP-2
My question is this:

Can I just use the same sentinel program and load Philadelphia (Phase II) into it, or does it somehow need to ID that the radio is Phase II compatible?
Asking because using the PRO-18 software, for example, it will not load Phase II systems nor will it load some 500 MHZ or 700 Mhz systems, you have to force it, although the scanner now scans those systems (guessing it did not on the first firmware).

Or do I somehow need to tell the sentinel program that I am using a HP-2. I note that when I do clear all and reload, it comes up with the ESN of my current radio on the SD card.
You can use your same programming & Sentinel for both scanners.

I simply took my HP-1 favorites lists and added a character (-1) to the name for the same basic list, but with Phase II systems added. Sentinel will load whatever favorites lists you tell it to, specifying the scanner model is not necessary. Of course, if you send a Phase II system to the HP-1, that specific system won't function, but that's all. So, before downloading to the scanner, I modify which list to monitor by default in the profile, but that's the only accommodation needed.

marksmith

I have 2 hp2 radios and an HP1.
I use the same Sentinel program and files to load all 3 radios.

Even though some favorites lists include phase 2 systems, they get loaded to the hp1 just like the two hp2 radios.

Just as info... if a properly associated radio that is phase 1 only talks on a Phase 2 system, it reverts the talkgroup to phase 1 and you can listen to it on the hp1. Once that phase 1 radio leaves the talkgroup, it reverts to phase 2.

Having a Phase 2 system in the hp1 is not a problem. Sometimes I leave it active because one phase 2 system occasionally has phase 1 activity. Other times I just avoid it in the hp1, but I can still use and update only one set of favorites lists go all 3 radios.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.