Question about HPDB updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I update my HP1 freq. database every Monday, and there is a change or update in one of the counties I listen to that is saved in my favorites list do I need to rebuild my favorites list or does Sentinel automatically do this for me?

Thanks,

Richard

OCO

UPMan:
With the changes allowing a much greater use of Favorites and the changes in Sentinel that allow a lot of customization of configurations within each Favorite, has there been any discussion of at least providing a change log, hopefully by system (State/County/System) so that we can tell when to update a Favorite? While RR displays a running change log, there doesn't seem to be any way of generating a report of changes...

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
UPMan:
With the changes allowing a much greater use of Favorites and the changes in Sentinel that allow a lot of customization of configurations within each Favorite, has there been any discussion of at least providing a change log, hopefully by system (State/County/System) so that we can tell when to update a Favorite? While RR displays a running change log, there doesn't seem to be any way of generating a report of changes...

Yes please!!

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
RR change logs are pretty obscure, at least in my area. If you check each week the changed entries are highlighted in the RR database. That is my cue

OCO

RR change logs are pretty obscure, at least in my area. If you check each week the changed entries are highlighted in the RR database. That is my cue

After some other recent discussions, I deduce that getting change reports will probably be outside of the scope of Uniden's services. Getting Sentinel to compare what's now in the master DB with what's in a Favorite would require a lot more code,especially if default values in each line entry have also been changed....More in line will be asking RR to consider providing a DB report, possibly by system (obviously not the entire DB at once) that just shows DB changes, maybe with a date range. It would be nice to see "was/is" but anything that would help avoiding a total recreation of a Favorite just to get updates in would be nice... I'll think on this a little and put something in the appropriate forum area...:wink:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can currently get the last 30 changes to any particular dB page with a single click. I would think that it would be fairly trivial to provide the ability to look back further (of course, it is trivial to me, since I'm not the one having to do it :) ).

OCO

Paul:
Isn't it grand - we invent computers to take the drudgery out of everyday tasks and then become slaves to 'em.. I can't imagine trying to keep a large number of Favorites in synch with the master DB. I guess this is the real tradeoff for moving the HP1 away from total location based scanning.

Viper43

Paul:
Isn't it grand - we invent computers to take the drudgery out of everyday tasks and then become slaves to 'em.. I can't imagine trying to keep a large number of Favorites in synch with the master DB. I guess this is the real tradeoff for moving the HP1 away from total location based scanning.

Just wait til the computers retaliate

Status
Not open for further replies.