Question about ICOM IC V-82

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilcow

Hello, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this question.
I have 4 IC-V82s 2 are US and 2 are Export versions, I am trying to program them from the computer since I have a large number of frequencies that I use, but the difference between the two radios is making it so I cannot program them from the computer. I get an error message saying that I have to re-run the initial setup when I go to program the radios from the other region.
On a side note, I know that there is a mod you can do to the US versions of these radios to open the frequencies to the export model. So is there a way to mod the export versions to turn on the repeater, weather alerts, and other US only functions?

KD8DVR

Hello, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this question.
I have 4 IC-V82s 2 are US and 2 are Export versions, I am trying to program them from the computer since I have a large number of frequencies that I use, but the difference between the two radios is making it so I cannot program them from the computer. I get an error message saying that I have to re-run the initial setup when I go to program the radios from the other region.
On a side note, I know that there is a mod you can do to the US versions of these radios to open the frequencies to the export model. So is there a way to mod the export versions to turn on the repeater, weather alerts, and other US only functions?

I only have experience with the USa versions, and I can say, there are NO ways to enable said functions. The firmware is burned into a write-once chip, and you are stuck with what you have. The radio is "software controlled" and adjustments are made via menus in the proper mode, as well as having the proper test equipment connected (Yes I tried the adjustment mode; but the radio didn't respond, as I didn't have the proper equipment connected to the jack)

Status
Not open for further replies.